• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse - Saturday, 12:30 PM on ESPN3, ACCN

You mean like orange_in_Va was unable to do in his first post that started all this?

To be fair, I never said "Our front seven is the second coming of the Seahawks because we destroyed Rhode Island!" They were separate statements in the same post. We destroyed Rhode Island, and we have a good front seven. You're the one who put them together. I thought we were over this though. Tell me more about your team.

To be fair, I never said "Our front seven is the second coming of the Seahawks because we destroyed Rhode Island!" They were separate statements in the same post. We destroyed Rhode Island, and we have a good front seven. You're the one who put them together. I thought we were over this though. Tell me more about your team.

Talk to your friend Townie, he's the one that won't let it die. I have no issues with you my friendly foe.

By the way, the 86' Bears is the correct reference.:thumbsup:

Based solely on our first game, it looks like we have running back by committee with three backs who can give us fairly different looks. The offensive line still lacks size and skill. It's the weakest unit on the team.

Our TE, Cam Serigne continues to be one of the brightest spots on offense, and Wolford seems to have taken a big step up in the offseason as well. Backup QB Hinton may see some time this season off the bench, and looks like he could be a true dual threat guy in a year or two.

Perhaps the most welcome surprise was the defensive backfield. The corners look like they could be really good.

Based solely on our first game, it looks like we have running back by committee with three backs who can give us fairly different looks. The offensive line still lacks size and skill. It's the weakest unit on the team.

Our TE, Cam Serigne continues to be one of the brightest spots on offense, and Wolford seems to have taken a big step up in the offseason as well. Backup QB Hinton may see some time this season off the bench, and looks like he could be a true dual threat guy in a year or two.

Perhaps the most welcome surprise was the defensive backfield. The corners look like they could be really good.

Interesting. Serigne is a beast. I wish we had a TE that good. We also employ the running back committee (everyone does nowadays).

I've heard about your line issues a lot. Supposedly are more athletic, but very young. Hopefully Wolford doesn't get hit as much as last year (kid is tough).

I've heard mixed reviews about your DBs. Do others feel as confident in them?

Also, why did Bowman Archibald (TE) transfer? kid was a bigtime recruit for you guys. Was he expecting to start or missed home or what?

Last edited:

Taking a moment away from being a wise-ass to make a decent post, nice.:thumbsup: The corners did look good, it was against Elon, so it will be interesting to see how they fare against better competition. We didn't generate a great pass rush which was not encouraging, but what was encouraging is the corners still were able to cover despite that. I like the group of skill guys we have on offense and the maturation of Wofford. IF he gets time, I feel really good about the group of guys he has to throw to. It all starts up front and until we get better play up front, it's next to impossible to be a good offense though.

I think Bowman got injured shortly after he got to campus in January, returned home, and stayed home. Now he's at USF which is close to home.

The corners had several pass breakups by making good plays on the ball. It was encouraging because we were expecting to have a major dropoff after four year starters Kevin Johnson (1st round pick Texans) and Bud Noel (Bills practice squad).

Interesting. Serigne is a beast. I wish we had a TE that good. We also employ the running back committee (everyone does nowadays).

I've heard about your line issues a lot. Supposedly are more athletic, but very young. Hopefully Wolford doesn't get hit as much as last year (kid is tough).

I've heard mixed reviews about your DBs. Do others feel as confident in them?

Also, why did Bowman Archibald (TE) transfer? kid was a bigtime recruit for you guys. Was he expecting to start or missed home or what?

There's no way to know really. The only thing to base it off of is one game against Elon. They're replacing one of the better corner duos in the country last year. They were in the hip pockets of Elon's receivers last week, but again they were Elon's receivers?

Taking a moment away from being a wise-ass to make a decent post, nice.:thumbsup: The corners did look good, it was against Elon, so it will be interesting to see how they fare against better competition. We didn't generate a great pass rush which was not encouraging, but what was encouraging is the corners still were able to cover despite that. I like the group of skill guys we have on offense and the maturation of Wofford. IF he gets time, I feel really good about the group of guys he has to throw to. It all starts up front and until we get better play up front, it's next to impossible to be a good offense though.

Cool, well that sounds promising that there seems to be some consensus about the DBs.

There's no way to know really. The only thing to base it off of is one game against Elon. They're replacing one of the better corner duos in the country last year. They were in the hip pockets of Elon's receivers last week, but again they were Elon's receivers?

Yeah, you guys had a really good defensive backfield last year.

I think Bowman got injured shortly after he got to campus in January, returned home, and stayed home. Now he's at USF which is close to home.

The corners had several pass breakups by making good plays on the ball. It was encouraging because we were expecting to have a major dropoff after four year starters Kevin Johnson (1st round pick Texans) and Bud Noel (Bills practice squad).

hmm. Sounds like he was homesick. I saw you guys have the Chapman kid out of Ohio committed for 2016 class. He seems like a good TE prospect.

What is Hines doing for you guys? All I really know about him is that he was talked about as a burner coming out of highschool. How does he look? Will he play this year? What position?

Yeah, you guys had a really good defensive backfield last year.

We had a good defense last year period when you consider how bad the offense was. The defense spent so much time on the field and were put in so many bad positions, it was a real testament to our guys that our defense finished ranking fairly high. Nothing is more discouraging to a defense than to give the offense the ball back and time after time and they do nothing with it or worse turn it over.

What is Hines doing for you guys? All I really know about him is that he was talked about as a burner coming out of highschool. How does he look? Will he play this year? What position?

Starting at slot and returning punts.

We had a good defense last year period when you consider how bad the offense was. The defense spent so much time on the field and were put in so many bad positions, it was a real testament to our guys that our defense finished ranking fairly high. Nothing is more discouraging to a defense than to give the offense the ball back and time after time and they do nothing with it or worse turn it over.

Cuse fans feel you pain there. Like I posted earlier in the thread. Our defense finished the year ranked 26th in the country. The offense did them no favors. They were on the field all game.

Wow, starting. That's crazy. How are his hands? Was he impressive last week?

Looked good in his first college game, but repeat after me, "it was against Elon.":thumbsup:

Clawson isn't coming in with the Grobe approach of redshirting almost everybody, if you can play, you're going to play. At least right now, I know he hopes to build the talent level up to where he can redshirt most true frosh, unless they are really special.

Potential to be an improvement over last year.

Potentially. I think Hines definitely has more talent than EJ Scott, but EJ's experience might be missed at times this year. If Hines stays healthy, he could be extremely good for us over his 4 years.

Back