• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse - Saturday, 12:30 PM on ESPN3, ACCN

Looked good in his first college game, but repeat after me, "it was against Elon.":thumbsup:

Clawson isn't coming in with the Grobe approach of redshirting almost everybody, if you can play, you're going to play. At least right now, I know he hopes to build the talent level up to where he can redshirt most true frosh, unless they are really special.

Thats a good thing. Clawson is able to recruit much better skill players than Grobe. He has a proven offensive system.

You guys have gotten some recruits we REALLY wanted since Clawson showed up. Jaboree Williams, Zeek Rodney (2014), Steven Claude(2015), and Zander Zimmer(2016).

(I realize only Claude is an offensive recruit. If our Defensive staff wanted those other guys though, you get the idea they should be pretty good)

Last edited:
Potentially. I think Hines definitely has more talent than EJ Scott, but EJ's experience might be missed at times this year. If Hines stays healthy, he could be extremely good for us over his 4 years.

I was thinking more about the return game than the slot. I doubt he'll match Scott last year.

Potentially. I think Hines definitely has more talent than EJ Scott, but EJ's experience might be missed at times this year. If Hines stays healthy, he could be extremely good for us over his 4 years.

Yeah, my biggest concern for Hines would be his size/durability. Can't teach speed though.

There's a reason he's in the slot other than his size, too. He messed up timing on a couple routes.

I like his hands though.

I was thinking more about the return game than the slot. I doubt he'll match Scott last year.

Yeah, definitely the return game. If Wofford gets time, I think he'll get plenty of touches. Based on "it was Elon," I do feel like we've got a lot more options this year, so hopefully the rock will get spread a lot more this year.

I'll give you another nugget on us. We've got 3 grad transfers that are helping us out a lot this year. KJ Brent from USC-South at WR, Devin Gaulden from Wisconsin at CB, and Zach Dancel from Maryland at Safety. Are 3 started last week due in part to injuries or suspensions. I like the fact that through 2 years, quality graduate transfers think enough of Wake Forest and Dave Clawson to come play their last year here.

We have this little (5'6) walkon kid Jacob Hill who probably won't play against you guys unless its on kick return. He's blazing fast, but also very small. We were expecting the staff to redshirt him, but he ended up getting some carries against URI, and looked pretty good. Kid's got wheels, and will probably earn a scholly at some point.

I'll give you another nugget on us. We've got 3 grad transfers that are helping us out a lot this year. KJ Brent from USC-South at WR, Devin Gaulden from Wisconsin at CB, and Zach Dancel from Maryland at Safety. Are 3 started last week due in part to injuries or suspensions. I like the fact that through 2 years, quality graduate transfers think enough of Wake Forest and Dave Clawson to come play their last year here.

How did they do?

We have this little (5'6) walkon kid Jacob Hill who probably won't play against you guys unless its on kick return. He's blazing fast, but also very small. We were expecting the staff to redshirt him, but he ended up getting some carries against URI, and looked pretty good. Kid's got wheels, and will probably earn a scholly at some point.

We've got one of those returning kicks too, John Armstrong. Listed at 5'9," barely at best 5'6," but very fast.

I'm very high on KJ Brent. He dropped a wide open pass, but he's the most polished WR by far, I think. Gaulden looked good week 1, but hard to gauge how good he'll be against real competition.

How did they do?

Very well, again "It was again Elon," but very well. Quality players and have really filled needs coming into the season, made even more so by injuries. KJ Brent is starting because of Jared Crump going down to a season ending injury early in camp.

This guy's sure asking a lot of questions about our team. I think he may be one of Belichick's spies.

I'm very high on KJ Brent. He dropped a wide open pass, but he's the most polished WR by far, I think. Gaulden looked good week 1, but hard to gauge how good he'll be against real competition.

South Carolina has a pretty good track record with WRs.
Did Gaulden get any game experience at Wiscy? Would be very valuable if he did.

I agree with that, he's definitely looked the part in week 1. I wish to goodness that Crump hadn't got injuried, but to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with Crump. I hope he comes back and make me look stupid though.

This guy's sure asking a lot of questions about our team. I think he may be one of Belichick's spies.

b35da3933c_track04132008.jpg

Yeah, that was an interesting team we rolled out there last week with 3 Grad transfers and 10 (9 or 10?) True FR playing at some point including one of the best Long Snappers we have ever had...

Yeah, that was an interesting team we rolled out there last week with 3 Grad transfers and 10 (9 or 10?) True FR playing at some point including one of the best Long Snappers we have ever had...

Yeah, easy to tell we've got a 2nd year head coach that came into a tough situation trying to piece together the best team he can right now.

Almost a whole new team, lol. We have a young two deep as well. 15 true freshman played last week. Although, only a handful (The QB, couple RBs, D-lineman) will see action against real competition this year.

Yeah, easy to tell we've got a 2nd year head coach that came into a tough situation trying to piece together the best team he can right now.

He's doing a good job so far. At least none of us have to be Kansas fans!

Last edited:
Back