• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wake golf

Won by 3.

We beat almost a third (8 teams) of the Golfweek top 25 this week, including 4 teams that are ranked ahead of us.

And we did it with a roster of 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores, and 1 senior. We are loaded for a good run the next few years.

olddeac - Are you still "pissed at where this program is?"

lol
super happy liquid
my support and pulling for any Wake golfer will never stop
getting pissed on a message board is well what it is. its what fans do!
not proud of it though

Certainly seems to be a recent development. Those in the know have been complaining about the decline of the program for some time. Maybe lay off olddeac a bit.

Those in the know saw how good we were most of last year before injuries and academic issues slowed us down at the end of the year, and also saw how good the recruiting has been the last 2 years. Haas may or may not win anything with this team, but we are loaded and will have a good shot at postseason success.

Really hoping our golf program gets back to national prominence where it belongs. Haddock House is the icing on the cake for Palmer golf complex. Incredible facility and great recruiting tool.

We have three legitimate national title contenders on campus this year with Men's Soccer, Men's Golf, and Field Hockey.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. This was a big win, but I want to see us win our first ACCT in 26 years. Then we can start talking NCAA titles.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. This was a big win, but I want to see us win our first ACCT in 26 years. Then we can start talking NCAA titles.

I personally don't give a flip about the ACC title if we could somehow make it to match play at the NCAAs instead. We very clearly don't like playing Old North State, and haven't in the decade the event has been there.

Agree with Liquid Karma. I would take a solid regional and NCAA showing over an ACC title at a course we don't play well at. 2 out of 3 wins out of the gate is strong and if this group gets to match play they are deep enough to really contend. There are some solid kids not qualifying right now who could play a role as well.

Awesome win by the young Deacon golfers. Very impressive.

Huge win against a great field in a part of the country we aren't familiar with. I too couldnt care less about an ACC title if we get into match play at the NCAA. We have legitimate depth for the first time in years. We are leaving good players at home every week. Would be even better if Clancy didnt disappear and Guise was still around.

The son of a former WFU golfer just committed to Georgia over WFU and others . He is in the 9th grade. IMO , that's way to early to be making scholarship offers. The kid could lose interest in the game , fail to develop/ improve, etc over the next 4 years. He hasn't even played one round of high school golf yet. I hope he does reach his potential and change his mind. Jerry Haas might want to help him do that .

The son of a former WFU golfer just committed to Georgia over WFU and others . He is in the 9th grade. IMO , that's way to early to be making scholarship offers. The kid could lose interest in the game , fail to develop/ improve, etc over the next 4 years. He hasn't even played one round of high school golf yet. I hope he does reach his potential and change his mind. Jerry Haas might want to help him do that .

Who is it?

The kid's name is Zach Brown and personally I'm happy we didn't get him.

At 14 I think he's too young and a big risk to take already. He's not the kind of young, can't miss prospect like a Cole Hammer who is headed to Texas. His CGA junior rank is not very good and I think I'd want to see more out of him in high school before taking a commitment from him. Just my .02 worth.

I personally don't give a flip about the ACC title if we could somehow make it to match play at the NCAAs instead. We very clearly don't like playing Old North State, and haven't in the decade the event has been there.

Have we kept the same players at Wake for the whole decade? Really don't know how you can make that statement (excuse) when there are new players that cycle through the program on a regular basis.

Back