• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Rockies Playoff Thread: Let's Go Rockies !!!!!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Okay Pirates fans, it looks like we've got the wildcard locked up and will be forced into a one-game playoff with the loathsome Chicago Cubs and their idiot fans unless we're able to catch the Cards and make them deal with their shit.

We really need to get the win this afternoon to split the series and keep the Cubs at arm's length. I like the pitching matchup today. We've owned Kyle Hendricks this year. He's 0-1 in three starts and has given up 10 runs in 16 innings against us.

We have 17 games left and close the season with three at Wrigley and then three at home against the Cards.

This is OUR YEAR !!!

Where's the Week 2 NFL thrud , Biff ?

The Cards have three games at Wrigley this weekend. Maybe the Cubs can help us out a little bit.

Not sure if this is a legit thread, but if so - the Bucs still have a real possibility of winning the division - the 7 games left against Cubs/Dodgers are tough, but ending the season at the Cards is going to be a great series if they can keep it within 3.

I think this is going to be an interesting game, with a 12:35 start after a late finish last night - the Bucs used 7 relievers - they need Morton to go 7 tonight. Hendricks rarely goes past 6, so I would imagine we get to see 3+ innings of Cubs relievers tonight, which is never a good thing as a Cubs fan.

33338-3Fr.jpg

Andy Van Slyke was awesome

Also, sweet uniforms!

Pittsburgh_crop_north.jpg

Late-70s-Pittsburgh-Pirates-Stovepipe-Hats-2.jpg

Hard to hate on smoking in the dugout though.

pittsburghpirates.jpg

Some punk Cubs asshole just took out our shortstop with a bullshit slide. Need to bean someone in retaliation.

Reminiscent of that POS Anthony McHenry tackling Steve Lepore's knee in the ACC tournament in Charlotte in 2002.

Really ? Is that how you were taught to slide ?

The Cubs are cheap shotting the Pirates in the hopes of having a one game playoff in front of their obnoxious foul ball interfering fans. No shame.

Really ? Is that how you were taught to slide ?
Probably a legal slide within the rules but it is a bit late. The dude basically dove at his knee to take him out....he wasn't sliding into him feet up. It's weird how you can't run into a catcher but that's still legal.

Yeah, when I first saw the pic I was on my phone and it looked like Coghlan was spread eagled or something.

Back