• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 177: Strong Like Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I probably could and I bet they would honor it, but I don't have an ability to really do it today and I think waiting any longer than a day would look kind of petty on my part.

I more came here looking for the justification that I'm not crazy for being annoyed about it.

No, not crazy. Once in college when I analyzed my statements carefully line-by-line, I disputed a charge with my credit card company where someone had added like $2 extra to their already-fine tip. I figured that person probably did it habitually and maybe reporting it would help make it stop. It would probably be sorta easy for restaurants/servers to get away with adding $1-2 extra on every tip because most people probably just do a quick scan down their statement and they wouldn't notice the difference between a $35 and $37 meal charge.

We can take this "radical English discussion" to PM if you'd like, but I can't really accurately describe to you the methodological/pedagogical/practical differences between my institution's graduate programs in Radio-Television-Film / Communications / English / Rhetoric / American Studies. Except that you can pursue any modes or types of "argumentation theory, political traditions and contemporary modes of address" in an English department and that their degrees are fully-funded (whereas the other degree-programs are not).

ok I have moved the "rhetoric as a field of study" portion of this radical English discussion to private messages.

Fixed it for you.

Don_Draper_GIF_thumbs_up.gif

recommended reading list for english gre - http://faculty.goucher.edu/eng215/recommended_GRE_list_copy.htm

i've read about half that list and i'm pretty proud of that accomplishment

i do think wake's english degree is well-rounded

i had a writing focus, and took 4 writing courses, but i also had a seminar on milton, a seminar on pluralism/CRT, an 18th century class, a shakespeare class, eastern european lit (taught in russian department), af-am poetry, 19th century class, postmodernism class, american romanticism class, and an individual study on critical race theory and education

with all those i maybe read 15 off that list for classes at wake (alongside the dozens more not represented there)

Let's get back to talking about legal recreational weed

Pretty stoked about the tickets I just picked up for the Charleston Food Film Festival: They're going to debut the Charleston episode of No Reservations and serve all the foods from the episode. Open bar too. I'm thinking there's a 90% chance for a Bill Murray appearance at this thing.

recommended reading list for english gre - http://faculty.goucher.edu/eng215/recommended_GRE_list_copy.htm

i've read about half that list and i'm pretty proud of that accomplishment

i do think wake's english degree is well-rounded

i had a writing focus, and took 4 writing courses, but i also had a seminar on milton, a seminar on pluralism/CRT, an 18th century class, a shakespeare class, eastern european lit (taught in russian department), af-am poetry, 19th century class, postmodernism class, american romanticism class, and an individual study on critical race theory and education

with all those i maybe read 15 off that list for classes at wake (alongside the dozens more not represented there)

holy shit. half? i'm....impressed. i have read about 20 of those. not 20%. 20.

Any good manager will hand you $15, even it he doesn't really believe you.

A good manager will give you a gift card for the amount, plus maybe a little extra, to guarantee you return to the restaurant.

holy shit. half? i'm....impressed. i have read about 20 of those. not 20%. 20.

the vast majority of which i've read since graduating

anna karenina now, in fact

it's boss (though i think i was supposed to wait for SteelCityDeac to mail me his copy because it's a better translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back