• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Huge News On Giles

Plus if you go to 247 now you'll see a lot of posts that say they are for premium users only. I did the premium 30 day free trial on scout and quickly realized that you were essentially paying Deman to be a message board poster.

Last edited:
Plus if you go to 247 now you'll see a lot of posts that say they are for premium users only. I did the premium 30 day free trial on scout and quickly realized that you were essentially paying Deman to be a message board poster.

Not unlike what the Scout premium board was as well.

Only a matter of time before people find out that, thanks to an IP glitch, at least 50% of the posters involved are all Deman under different names.

Basically that Giles is a silent verbal.

Silent Verbal = I can make a statement on a situation I have no information about and get away with it when I'm wrong.

#scoutpremium

Lol at journalists working their asses off.
Love what I do, but I stand behind the comment that I work hard. I think most others would agree.
I have more than 20 years experience doing things other than journalism, so I have a pretty solid perspective of how lucky I am to be doing this.

Pretty cool

Also crazy that we have folks with full time jobs to get scoops and there are no real Giles scoops to be had

journalism in general = I can make a statement on a situation I have no information about and get away with it when I'm wrong.

#scoutpremium

Fixed.

And that's MSM, Internet, blogs, Twitter, whatever, lest anyone get punched panties.

Last edited:
Pretty cool

Also crazy that we have folks with full time jobs to get scoops and there are no real Giles scoops to be had

I'm curious about what the narrative of Giles being a lock to Duke is based on with the national recruiting media. There's the Tatum friendship, being scheduled for the last official visit, some anonymous assistant saying he was a lock to Duke at the Peach Jam, and obviously Coach K is a Hall of Fame Coach coming off of a National Title. But is that it? Seems like there would need to be more to justify such certainty.

The people saying hes a lock to Duke are just assuming it with no actual info. If we get Giles its gonna send shockwaves through the college bball landscape.

The people saying hes a lock to Duke are just assuming it with no actual info. If we get Giles its gonna send shockwaves through the college bball landscape.

buzz-e1364337067726.jpg

is it weird to anyone else some dude gets paid to #scoop college hoops on the internet more than the kids selling the tickets/tv do?

also, let it be known that palma is the only donk that actually pee emmed me.

The last chat I remember was Deman claiming Billy Donovan was a legit candidate to replace Dino.

My favorite premium message board secret was that Jerry Smith silent verballed to Wake early in what we thought could be the OCC class (that's Oden, Conley, and Cook for Les). That went on for months before he actually verballed to Louisville.

Ah yes. Jerry Smith.... i had a man crush on him and Critty. Glad i'm not Wake's lead recruiter.

Back