• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Refs are DUMB and other obvious observations

No, plenty of times the ball is caught beyond the back of the endzone, or outside the side boundary of the endzone, ball never being possessed in the endzone, but it's the feet in that matter. For instance if a player jumps at the goal line but the ball passes outside the pylon, it is not a touchdown. But if the ball is caught falling out of bounds in the endzone it's the feet that matter. I understand the rules, it's just that different things matter at different times.

No. The same thing matters every time. The ball has to be partially or fully across the goal line while possessed by someone who had two feet in the field of play.

This is where the concept of the "infinite" goal line comes into play.

Last edited:
No. The same thing matters every time. The ball has to be partially or fully across the goal line while possessed by someone with two feet in the field of play.

Then why is it not a touchdown if both feet are inbounds but the ball crosses past the goal line outside the pylon? And why is that different than having both feet in bounds in the endzone but the ball being caught outside the boundary line?

Ph, the contrarian, defends mega-league's bizarre rules. I love internets.

Still can't believe starting on first and goal inside the 10 with Brandon Weeden and no Dez Bryant, Garrett called for two fades and whatever the fuck the third down pass call that ended in a long sack was. Him and Rivera are in a constant battle to see who can coach more moronically and then recover to do just enough to save their job

I read the rule. Apparently an airborne player is treated differently than a player with two feet on the ground. In the latter the goal line is extended out of bounds, in the former it is not and the ball must pass the goal line in bounds.

That shouldn't have been overturned. These refs are having a nightmare.

Who decided "using the ball as a prop" was such an egregious act?

Still can't believe starting on first and goal inside the 10 with Brandon Weeden and no Dez Bryant, Garrett called for two fades and whatever the fuck the third down pass call that ended in a long sack was. Him and Rivera are in a constant battle to see who can coach more moronically and then recover to do just enough to save their job
Whoa whoa don't bring riverboat into this!!!

I think Shula is actually the idiot

Did I miss Joseph Randle being killed?

Christine Michael over him in short yardage? Just fuck all our coaches.

RUN THE GOD DAMN FOOTBALL WITH RANDLE OR MCFADDEN WITH THE DOUBLE TE SET YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES I HATE YOU ALL

They're moving the ball pretty well...

had to hurry up down the field. once at the 20 with over 2 mins left and 3 TOs... no need to continue to go 3/4 wide. so stup....

NEVERMIND I AM A MORON GINGER FUCK FOR PREZZZZ TERRANCE WILLIAMS TD!

had to hurry up down the field. once at the 20 with over 2 mins left and 3 TOs... no need to continue to go 3/4 wide. so stup....

NEVERMIND I AM A MORON GINGER FUCK FOR PREZZZZ TERRANCE WILLIAMS TD!

Weeden spent his whole career long conning just so he could ace that moment

Back