• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Refs are DUMB and other obvious observations

Totally agree. What are the odds of him missing three in a row anyway ?

He barely made his 1st FG - it hung outside right until the last second. I'm half surprised he's still on the roster. Not trying to hate on the guy but he has sucked for them this year.

He barely made his 1st FG - it hung outside right until the last second. I'm half surprised he's still on the roster. Not trying to hate on the guy but he has sucked for them this year.
It was tipped by a guy who jumped offsides.

But yes, Scobee is the worst.

Yeah, but he should be able to make 1 out of 3 from the same distance.

You expect your backup quarterback to give you a reasonable chance to win the game. And I guess he did that, but when the game got tight in the fourth quarter and OT, Vick look completely unprepared.

Right, because up until that point they had let Vick rely on Bell. But all of a sudden in nut-up time the play calling switches and they put it all on Vick. It made no sense.

It was tipped by a guy who jumped offsides.

That was his second one. The first one looked like it was gon drift wide but just barely stayed inside the upright

Steelers didn't stop running Bell. They just didn't get enough first downs to kick a 35-yard FG instead of a 50-yard FG.

Also, Steve Smith pur Mike Mitchell on his "lifetime hit list" for the shot in the back that knocked him out of the game last night. Too bad it wasn't Mitchell who delivered the hit.

Smith had kind words after the game for another receiver, Michael Campanaro, who left after his second catch of the game in the fourth quarter with a back injury.

Campanaro was helped to a cart on the sidelines by the Ravens’ medical staff, who brought him in to the locker room. He was seen in a wheelchair on his way back from the X-ray room at Heinz Field.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...s-game-with-back-injuries-20151001-story.html

Camp's injury could be pretty serious.

Steelers didn't stop running Bell. They just didn't get enough first downs to kick a 35-yard FG instead of a 50-yard FG.

Also, Steve Smith pur Mike Mitchell on his "lifetime hit list" for the shot in the back that knocked him out of the game last night. Too bad it wasn't Mitchell who delivered the hit.

He hated Mitchell even when he was a panther so I think he was already on his lifetime hit list anyway

September was the month since 2009 in which no NFL players were arrested.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2574811-nfl-has-no-players-arrested-in-calendar-month-for-the-1st-time-since-2009?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

It is worth noting the NFL's arrest rate was actually two times lower than that of men aged 20-39 from 2000-2013, according to a study by University of Texas-Dallas criminologists, per Yahoo SportsDash. But the league will undoubtedly be pleased it was able to go an entire month without having to deal with the negative publicity associated with one of its players being arrested.

Last edited:
You expect your backup quarterback to give you a reasonable chance to win the game. And I guess he did that, but when the game got tight in the fourth quarter and OT, Vick look completely unprepared.
Due to NFL rules, Vick had one practice due to the short week. One. I was surprised he played as well as he did under those restrictions.

Missing 2 gimme FGs and almost missing the first one was unacceptable. Game would have been over.

Right, because up until that point they had let Vick rely on Bell. But all of a sudden in nut-up time the play calling switches and they put it all on Vick. It made no sense.
I didn't understand that either...Bell rarely if ever lost yardage in that game.

Lots of kickers have trouble kicking into the open end of Heinz Field. That endzone opens out into the three rivers confluence. I wouldn't call it a gimme.

You know who those winds don't mess up? Jake Arrieta

Lots of kickers have trouble kicking into the open end of Heinz Field. That endzone opens out into the three rivers confluence. I wouldn't call it a gimme.
Maybe but I've also read somewhere the wind issue is no longer because they closed it in. He missed 2 FGs in Boston too...and almost missed an x-pt...then did the following week. He's also line driving a lot of kicks. Major issue.

However, if you're not going to let him try that third time, to win the game in overtime, why haven't you cut him this morning ? Doesn't make sense.

However, if you're not going to let him try that third time, to win the game in overtime, why haven't you cut him this morning ? Doesn't make sense.
I don't get that either. I'd cut him just to reduce the salary! He's not going to find work elsewhere after these performances. Maybe they're looking around to see who's available before making a move? Really a shame. The Steelers played a pretty good game. 0-4 would have knocked the Ravens out.

Back