• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 4 NFL Thread: Refs are DUMB and other obvious observations

If you bat an onsides kick (as receiving team) is it a rekick after 5 yard penalty?

If you bat an onsides kick (as receiving team) is it a rekick after 5 yard penalty?

Not sure how it is enforced, but I know you can't bat an onside kick--that issue was briefly mentioned in a game I watched a few weeks ago.

As Dave Odom would say, it's all the other plays you missed during the game that put you in a position to make that call important.

I always thought that comment was BS.

This just puts the Lions one step closer to the #1 pick. Lions fans should be happy about it.

The Lions won't end up with the 1st pick. They'll post enough wins to stay out of it. I think the Phins, Jags, Browns, Bucs, Saints, Bears and Niners are all worse.

The Lions won't end up with the 1st pick. They'll post enough wins to stay out of it. I think the Phins, Jags, Browns, Bucs, Saints, Bears and Niners are all worse.

Never underestimate the power of Caldwell

As Dave Odom would say, it's all the other plays you missed during the game that put you in a position to make that call important.

I always thought that comment was BS.

i thought that was thereff's drivel

This just puts the Lions one step closer to the #1 pick. Lions fans should be happy about it.

Then they can draft nkemdiche and it will just be like having sun again and they can get back to being a team that can't get past the wildcard round of the playoffs

they can get back to being a team that can't get past the wildcard round of the playoffs
Just replace wild card with divisional, and hey! We've got your team!

i thought that was thereff's drivel

Maybe Odom stole it from him, but I remember hearing Odom say it after either the LaRon Profit screw job or the CC Harrison screw job.

Just replace wild card with divisional, and hey! We've got your team!

except our draft picks are incremental improvements since we've kept our best players? and jim Caldwell even makes riverboat look like a coaching genius?

How dare the Panthers lose to the team with the best roster in the league two years running??? I'd hardly take that as proof we can't possibly do better in the playoffs ever under the current regime.

Cincy's failed to win a playoff game in four straight years, including losing to a team QB-ed by TJ Yates and a blah Chargers team at home. Completely different scenario

ALSO the panthers are not dirty dirty yankeeface cheaters with an asterisk next to any post season success

They've had three top 2 picks in the last 8 years - doesn't really seem to matter

jim-caldwell.jpg

Interesting hate for a guy who has only 2 losing seasons in 5 full seasons of NFL coaching.

Back