• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake v. FSU game thread.

I'm still really surprised by the scoreline. Good job today, Deacs.

If you don't think we'll be good when these players mature you're an idiot.

Yeah, I expected FSU to blow this open after the way they came out in the second half. Wake did good, for the second week in a row, to make the other team sweat it out. But no cigar. And still no turnovers for our hapless defense.

That was the best half of football our defense has played since beating Virginia Tech

Hopefully we can pick up a few in the next little stretch. Next four are all some degree of winnable

The improvement just since week 2 is striking. Hate losing but this was much more than a moral victory.

The improvement just since week 2 is striking. Hate losing but this was much more than a moral victory.

Agreed. I feel good that we can win a game or two going forward. Maybe starting next week.

So damn proud of this group. Bunch of 18-20 yos scaring the shit out of big bad FSU.

Sure glad we gave our selves the chance to tie at the end. FG was the only call to make and no matter what stat FckVols has, put it on the board. These kids had the ball in the end zone to tie in the last minute back to back games. the future is bright.

FG was deftinely the right call. Kept us in the game. Very well played game by the deacs. Clawson is going to have us playing very competitive football very soon.

Without looking at the stats I'd venture to say that we had relatively few negative plays today compared to last year and to what you'd predict against FSU.

love your commentary on almost all things but i believe we have seen competitive the last two weeks.

Back