• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens traded to Ravens

Is Joe Flacco an elite QB?

Flacco may not be an "elite" qb in many people's minds, but he has a big arm that is suited to Givens speed. Hope the Chris makes the most of this opportunity as the burner on the Ravens for the rest of this season.

42 snaps this season, two targets, one catch. GOLD!

On a team last year without a receiving TD. GOLD!

He had a golden opportunity to prove himself as an NFL caliber WR on a bad team with no really good receivers (and yes a bad qb and ol). There's a reason Givens was available and it's not because the Ravens went balls to the wall to get him.

I mean, really, what do you think the ceiling is for Chris Givens at this point in his career? Half of his career catches came his rookie year. Maybe he can catch on and be a solid #2 for a few years, which is certainly a great job to have. But he wasn't able to do that with the Rams.

It's just dumb to argue he has been given a golden opportunity when he isn't on a pass first team with a good QB or OL.

His ceiling is probably deep threat #3 on a good team.

It's just dumb to argue he has been given a golden opportunity when he isn't on a pass first team with a good QB or OL.

He can't even beat out the other receivers on the Rams to get on the field though.

Fine. He hasn't done enough. It still isn't the grand opportunity you seem to think. Shouldn't you be watching Arsenal?

Walkovers are boring. I should be at the gym, sculpting my body.

His ceiling is probably deep threat #3 on a good team.

Right about now I'd be thrilled if he can be a legit #3 and an occasional deep threat on a team devoid of deep threats. Perriman was drafted to replace Torrey as our deep threat, and it doesn't look like he's playing anytime soon. Smith Sr is probably out 2-4 games, and Camp is done for the year. Our WR situation is beginning to mirror our CB situation from last year when we had 6 CBs on IR.

Yeah, CG will get balls thrown to him because there's nobody else.

Yeah, Dilfer's expertise was throwing the ball to the grass - he was great at that. Which was a step up from Tony Banks, who threw to the wrong jerseys.

Back