• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start at QB next week?

If Wolford is 100% healthy, who do you want starting at QB next week against BC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been begging for Wolford to come back....after today, I think this is Hinton's team now. Definitely gives us the best chance to win.

Watching Watson's opening drive against Notre Dame makes me think Hinton should start against the Irish even if he doesn't start any other game.

Whoever we start, we need to keep at it with the uptempo offense.

I think Hinton helps out the running game a lot more and gives us a semblance of a balanced offense. Definitely needs to improve his accuracy, but it seems to be getting better the more he plays.

This is my thought. We have some semblance of a running attack for the first time in years and that is do mostly to Hinton - the threat of him running gives defenses a pause that allows the other back to get across the line before they are hit.

This is my thought. We have some semblance of a running attack for the first time in years and that is do mostly to Hinton - the threat of him running gives defenses a pause that allows the other back to get across the line before they are hit.

I reached same conclusion at game today

2'QB systems work when you have.... Tebow and leak. Hinton isn't tebow and Wolford isn't leak. It's called naming a starter and plugging in someone's else's the right packages and downs. Wolford is the starter this year.

My vote is for Hinton but it's really close for me. The biggest factor that made me lean Hinton is his ability to open up the running game for the team.

Also, I don't subscribe to the "you don't lose your starting spot due to injury" thing. If a player replaces someone injured and gives the team a better chance to win, you continue playing that guy instead of blind loyalty to the previous starter. Potentially Wolford gives the team a better chance to win, etc but he doesn't deserve to start simply because he did before he was injured.

I think Hinton helps out the running game a lot more and gives us a semblance of a balanced offense. Definitely needs to improve his accuracy, but it seems to be getting better the more he plays.

This. The biggest change in the offense that I've noticed is that our running backs tend to be able to get some yardage when Hinton is in. I wonder if that is because opposing defenses are having to put one guy on spy duty in case Hinton takes the ball himself on a read.

I think we should play them both, and maybe go with whoever is hotter. It would create preparation problems for our opponents but, I think, also for us. Are our players smart enough, focused enough, and disciplined enough to pull it off?

I would start Hinton, I think that he adds another element the defense has to worry about. He also gives us a better chance on 3rd down to scramble for the 1st down.

During warm ups I have been impressed with the other freshmens arm strength. I think he is going to be really good in the future

Hinton has more upside than Wolford IMO. I was worried that he wasn't ready but those fears have been put to rest. I say Hinton.

Agreed. Both have strong upside though. Hard to ignore how much Hinton has improved over 10 quarters.

I will say this, Wolford should not start if he is not 100% and can't run the ball effectively. As others have said, Hinton's running has really improved the offense, and we can't afford to lose that dynamic.

Back