• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start at QB next week?

If Wolford is 100% healthy, who do you want starting at QB next week against BC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I backed Wolford after the last two games, but yesterday was the best QB performance we've had in a long while when you account for quality of opponent and overall effect on the offense. I'm joining Brasky on Team Hinton.

Brasky's football knowledge knows no bounds. He's dead right here. Play the upside.

Welcome to the light gentlemen

Last edited:
Whoever practices better should start, but at this point both players should be getting meaningful snaps. Wolford is only a soph, it's not as if he's some seasoned vet who is due loyalty from the coach.

Wolford is the better QB...

I expect injuries to both of them over the course of the season will cause the starting job to rotate between them.

Wolford is the starter when 100% per Clawson. When Wolford is 100% the true qb competition begins which is what you want. Hypothetically Wolford could lose his job this season but we would see what his makeup is as he competes to win it back. We may have the Buckeye problem of too many good qbs ! Who would have thought?

Wolford is the starter when 100% per Clawson. When Wolford is 100% the true qb competition begins which is what you want. Hypothetically Wolford could lose his job this season but we would see what his makeup is as he competes to win it back. We may have the Buckeye problem of too many good qbs ! Who would have thought?

Then there is next year when we bring in another great Ohio State type QB..........

I am wait and see on Newman. Our current qb's did great things in hs. Jamie plays on a bad team and hasn't done much this year.

I'm glad we will be able to wait and see on Newman. We should have 3 QBs ahead of him and no immediate expectations.

I'm glad we will be able to wait and see on Newman. We should have 3 QBs ahead of him and no immediate expectations.

Yeah if we needed him to come in next year and be our savior then something is really wrong with Hinton/Kearns/Wolford/Clawsons QB development skills

Have they named a starter for tomorrow?

Clawson won't name a starter in advance. Doesn't want to give opponent intel on who to prepare for.

Thanks. I feel comfortable with either starting, though I feel Hinton gives us the best chance to win. He's got to work on his accuracy though.

- was on team wolford
- hinton has wheels so much better fit for this offensive line; now on team hinton
- hinton is "beat up" right now after taking too many hits (a few cheap shots vs. Indiana in particular - the one really pissed off clawson where it was late leading with helmet by their lb) so hope he is ready to go
- iirc watching clawson's offense at bowling green - hinton is the dual threat qb he likes

Hinton. Hinton. Hinton.

Gotta hope this game wins the starting job for Hinton. His performance against FSU dwarfs Wolford vs. BC.

Back