• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Decision Analysis: 4th and 1 at FSU 6, Down 11, 4 minutes Remaining

Down 27-32, Pittsburgh just kicked a FG with 3 minutes left from the Seattle 3 yard line.

That's basically begging to lose.

sounds like the decision was made in part because big ben had to leave the game so it would have been landry jones on 4th down, but still should have gone for it

I would have gone for it even if John Wolford had to come in for the Steelers on the 4th down play

Which is why you are not an NFL football coach.

No, that's not the reason. It's probably because I don't have any knowledge or experience in 95% of the job responsibilites of an NFL coach.

sounds like the decision was made in part because big ben had to leave the game so it would have been landry jones on 4th down, but still should have gone for it

That's all the more reason to go for it instead of trusting Jones to lead a game winning drive.

i don't think they were sure yet if big ben was done for good at that moment, he got hit on 3rd down and they were evaluating him. only went to the locker room after seattle scored the td.

regardless, they still should have gone for it.

They either had to get four yards for a TD on one play or make the field goal, get a stop, and then move the ball back down field in time to get into field goal range.

Even against a pretty good defense you would have to think that the former is more likely.

They deserved to lose for doing that. Just another example in the long long long list of football coaches being outright dumb.

Back