• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Review

People are afraid all week that it was going to be a rainy blowout. I'm guessing most people who travel on game day just didn't show up.

Edited to add: Crazy thing is we've had season tickets for going on 2 decades, I've always been that way and yet every season the wife acts shocked when I tell her when we need to leave.:rulz:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like we're married to the same wife...........

Edited to add: Crazy thing is we've had season tickets for going on 2 decades, I've always been that way and yet every season the wife acts shocked when I tell her when we need to leave.:rulz:

Sounds like we're married to the same wife...........[/QUOTE]

I know, it's like she asks me when we need to leave for the game and I tell her and she says, "what, the game doesn't start until XXXX!!!!!" Every freaking season it's like that.

I forgot to mention that Dionte Austin seemed to have his snaps increased again this week. All in relief of Gaulden. He may have gotten 20% of the snaps at that spot. Good experience for a true freshman.

Sounds like Hayworth with another solid game. Are Shaws snaps decreasing?

People are afraid all week that it was going to be a rainy blowout. I'm guessing most people who travel on game day just didn't show up.

My son travels from Louisville, Ky. for every home game. I urged him not to make the trip in light of the weather and I stayed home as well. Having the game televised made my decision a bit easier. But I've missed few home games since the 70's.

I hated to miss the game as I have missed only a few in my 45+ years of season tickets. But, a 12 hour obligation, over 200 miles to travel, a wife not feeling well, and the weather forecast ( after a rainy outing last weekend) - we just couldn't do it. Real proud of the team and sorry to have to pull for them via the tv screen. I hope they understand.

Sounds like Hayworth with another solid game. Are Shaws snaps decreasing?

I'll check Shaw's snap count when that info becomes available later this week, but he was on the field for a season-high 25% of snaps against Indiana. So his snaps had been increasing slightly each week.

Hayworth did have another good game. It will be an interesting decision about what to do with Ryan Anderson. Clawson said last week that he will play, but hinted that a rotation might be possible. There haven't been any rotations on the OL since the Syracuse game. I don't think you can take Hayworth or Harris off the field right now. At least not for many snaps. Intemann might be another story. He had a bad game against Indiana, but to be honest I didn't notice much about him before that (either positive or negative). Is it possible that Harris might slide over to RG?

Our frosh tackles are really improving.

Hinton is a gamer but be is missing too many throws. He is making us competitive but there is little margin for error against FSU and the like. He has to put the ball on guys.

Prove it.

For those who did not notice there is another 12 page thread that proves Clawson made the right choice to go for the field goal. Someone put a great template together and as long as you use reasonable numbers the FG try option wins out every time versus the TD try option.

Just how many snaps do we expect R. Anderson to play? I know he has been practicing but to come in on week 6 and play majority of the snaps is hard to believe. If he has 20-30 quality snaps that will be a shot in the arm to our Oh-lines depth this week.

Just how many snaps do we expect R. Anderson to play? I know he has been practicing but to come in on week 6 and play majority of the snaps is hard to believe. If he has 20-30 quality snaps that will be a shot in the arm to our Oh-lines depth this week.

Also, will Harris come out when Anderson is in there or will Harris move over to his natural guard position?

It will be interesting to see. Is he a 20% of snaps guy? 80%? 100%? And what position? If memory serves me correct he has practiced at center, guard and tackle at one point or another. The only thing that seems clear is he will play

It will be interesting to see. Is he a 20% of snaps guy? 80%? 100%? And what position? If memory serves me correct he has practiced at center, guard and tackle at one point or another. The only thing that seems clear is he will play

I figured he would play center, but maybe you don't mess up the apple cart and put him in at guard?

I certainly don't think that you take Hayworth out much, if at all. I would think Inteman would be the odd man out the way he has been playing. I was under the impression that Anderson beat out Terry outright and Harris to C was makeshift untill Anderson returns. Terry must have plateued.

I still think you stay with the short quick passes the rest of the year. Takes the pressure off this line as they develop.

I figured he would play center, but maybe you don't mess up the apple cart and put him in at guard?

Way back when, my HS Coach had a saying/warning to the starters...."Don't get hurt". Meaning that someone might very well take your place. Dunno about Clawson but if the gradual improvement in the OL continues, I'd be reluctant to change the line-up. BC's DL is as good if not better right now than FSU's so our guys have a man's work ahead of them.

I certainly don't think that you take Hayworth out much, if at all. I would think Inteman would be the odd man out the way he has been playing. I was under the impression that Anderson beat out Terry outright and Harris to C was makeshift untill Anderson returns. Terry must have plateued.

I still think you stay with the short quick passes the rest of the year. Takes the pressure off this line as they develop.

I wonder if Anderson didn't get suspended this year, if Clawson would've tried to redshirt Terry this year. I know Clawson made the comment that under ideal circumstances Terry would've redshirted last year.

BC's DL is as good if not better right now than FSU's so our guys have a man's work ahead of them.

Yep, and let's go get at least a couple W's out of the next four of @BC, @Cheater Hill, Cow College or Louisville because the three after the open date of @ND, @Clem's son & dook are going to be tough.

Hard to believe that it looks like dook is in the Coastal driver's seat again this season. :eek:

Last edited:
I learned that I am going to have to step up my post game basketball breakdowns if I want to compete with 94's football breakdowns. Great work 94.

Back