• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Jimbo going to LSU would be like K leaving for Kentucky. Jumbo was vetted for the FSU job. That would be a big F you if he did that.

In a post-George O'leary world, pretty much all big time athletic hires are thoroughly vetted. What does that have to do with Jimbo potentially leaving FSU?

It would just be dumb from a competitive standpoint. The Little Tyrant will own the SECW as long as he wants to.

In a post-George O'leary world, pretty much all big time athletic hires are thoroughly vetted. What does that have to do with Jimbo potentially leaving FSU?

Maybe he was talking about how Jimbo went to FSU as a coordinator/coach in waiting under Bowden before taking the head job.

So I guess this Les Miles firing is gonna happen. Saw a tweet on ESPN.com that it could announced as early as today.

Maybe he was talking about how Jimbo went to FSU as a coordinator/coach in waiting under Bowden before taking the head job.

Maybe, but I would not describe that situation as being vetted.

Are they just assuming he's interested?

Sounds like FSU will be announcing a new contract for Jimbo in the near future. I have no information on that; it's just speculation based on how the game has been played in the past when a coach has leverage.

RIP Mad Hatter

giphy.gif

lsufake.0.gif

les-miles-grass-o.gif

katy-perry-with-corndogs.gif

The Memphis beat writer thinks Fuente will take the VT job

The Memphis beat writer thinks Fuente will take the VT job

That would be a good hire. Since no official announcement was made about Chad Morris, I think we can dismiss him already taking the job as a rumor.

Dan Mullen's name is coming up a lot for the VT job as well.

It is said to cost between $15-$20 million to buy out Miles and his staff at LSU and the boosters down there are not hesitating as they are sick of losing to Bama (who isn't). The boosters say the will pony up to buy out Miles and pay whatever it takes the new coach. Gary Patterson has said in the past that LSU is a dream job location because of all the assets the program has so it may be him they chase instead of Jimbo.

Cuse's next coach will be their 5th since 2004. That much turnover makes it impossible to compete. Have no idea if Scott Schafer is a decent coach or not (he sounds like a moron), but the administration has destroyed a football program which has produced a Heisman Trophy winner (Ernie Davis), the greatest football player ever (Jim Brown), 7 NFL Hall of Famers, and a tradition of success until the recent series of coaching disasters.

With all of the other jobs open, not sure why Cuse thinks that they will be able to attract an attractive candidate. Dubious.

Last edited:
It is said to cost between $15-$20 million to buy out Miles and his staff at LSU and the boosters down there are not hesitating as they are sick of losing to Bama (who isn't). The boosters say the will pony up to buy out Miles and pay whatever it takes the new coach. Gary Patterson has said in the past that LSU is a dream job location because of all the assets the program has so it may be him they chase instead of Jimbo.

Wow. That seems like a colossal waste of money, time, and effort.

There are too many high level programs looking for coaches this offseason. Someone going to be left out when it all clears.

For losing 3 games in a row...

This hasn't happened since 1999 and it hasn't happened since 1966 where they lost 3 in a row by double digits.

I say be careful what you wish for as LSU was wandering in the wilderness before Saban got there. Patterson makes sense here as I think Jimbo is a smoke screen.

Ah, for the good ole days when a 3 game losing streak was our longest at Wake....

Back