• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

I think FSU and Miami would both be much better with a coach with a wide open offense like Gary Patterson or Art Briles.

As far as I know Gary Patterson has absolutely nothing to do with the TCU offense. He is entirely hands off.

Hawaii announces Nevada offensive coordinator Nick Rolovich is its new head coach. A former Hawaii QB and assistant.

As far as I know Gary Patterson has absolutely nothing to do with the TCU offense. He is entirely hands off.

Yes. Patterson is a defensive genius - widely credited w popularizing the 4-2-5 which Wake runs. Unique in that he calls the plays for his fronts and secondary coverages completely independent of eachother.

Maybe the deacs can poach some 5-stars

How much of LSU's #1 recruiting class do they stand to lose?

LSU's recruiting consistently ranks in the top 10, but they never have been able to find that killer pro style QB. They may lose a couple but if Fisher becomes coach they may keep those and add a few more 5*'s.

Not a chance Jimbo leaves, I'm not worried about it in the slightest. FSU is a better job than UGA or LSU.

Of course Fisher could leave. Lateral moves aren't all that unusual if there is a personal draw and/or more money.

Of course Fisher could leave. Lateral moves aren't all that unusual if there is a personal draw and/or more money.

Anything could happen but this wont. FSU can pony up just as much money just as fast as either of those two schools. He's in a better situation at FSU and the Noles will be loaded next year. He recently signed an extension and I wouldn't be shocked to see it get an upgrade if Stan feels worried he'll leave.

It really is. You're being delusional if you think anything else makes FSU a better job than LSU when UF is good.

LSU: Started in 1893, 23-22-1 in bowls, 3 Nattys, 1 Heisman, 27 All-Americans
UGA: Started in 1892, 28-19-3 in bowls, 2 Nattys, 1 Heisman, 24 All-Americans
FSU: Started in 1947, 26-15-2 in bowls, 3 Nattys, 3 Heismans, 42 All-Americans

It helps that FSU is in the ACC when really the only team that is a threat is Clemson but those numbers aren't reflective of the conference a team plays in.

Sounds like delusional people that thought Shaka was never ever going to leave VCU, you don't know how a coach is going to evaluate things. He very well might want the LSU job.

Sounds like delusional people that thought Shaka was never ever going to leave VCU, you don't know how a coach is going to evaluate things. He very well might want the LSU job.
Kind of..... But FSU is in a different league than vcu, not comparable situations

Back