• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Jimbo and staff are paid top 5 money. Don't see him going away from his kid with the rare disease.

LSU: Started in 1893, 23-22-1 in bowls, 3 Nattys, 1 Heisman, 27 All-Americans
UGA: Started in 1892, 28-19-3 in bowls, 2 Nattys, 1 Heisman, 24 All-Americans
FSU: Started in 1947, 26-15-2 in bowls, 3 Nattys, 3 Heismans, 42 All-Americans

It helps that FSU is in the ACC when really the only team that is a threat is Clemson but those numbers aren't reflective of the conference a team plays in.

more program success doesn't equal better job.

That said, don't see Jimbo going anywhere. He's got everything he wants at FSU, including the favor of the local police department.

Anything could happen but this wont. FSU can pony up just as much money just as fast as either of those two schools. He's in a better situation at FSU and the Noles will be loaded next year. He recently signed an extension and I wouldn't be shocked to see it get an upgrade if Stan feels worried he'll leave.

I don't really disagree with this. I still think he'll go to LSU. Just wanted to get on the record.

I don't really disagree with this. I still think he'll go to LSU. Just wanted to get on the record.

Fair enough we just disagree. We'll know in the weeks to come.

I think Jimbo wants to get out of the state of Florida since it was a Florida player that fucked his wife silly leading to his divorce. No instate rival in Louisiana to produce a player to bang his future girlfriend/wife.

#illini AD Paul Kowalczyk on 2-year deal: "It's not ideal but for now, I don't think it'll put a dagger in the heart of the program."

It really is. You're being delusional if you think anything else makes FSU a better job than LSU when UF is good.

Even when UF is good there is more than enough talent to go around. F$U and Clemson play no one in conference worth a shit and 9 wins is a reality every year. ACC has always blown in football and always will. Before anyone says anything about the Holes, check out their pathetic schedule.

Even when UF is good there is more than enough talent to go around. F$U and Clemson play no one in conference worth a shit and 9 wins is a reality every year. ACC has always blown in football and always will. Before anyone says anything about the Holes, check out their pathetic schedule.

Which is the only reason I wondered if Jimbo would jump to LSU. It kind of comes down to reconciling the job security with being the tallest midget.

I gotta think that if Jimbo feels like he has something left to prove, then it's got to be in the NFL. With head-coaching job security being what it is, it's silly to choose Baton Rouge over Tallahassee just because of a personal or family preference.

I gotta think that if Jimbo feels like he has something left to prove, then it's got to be in the NFL. With head-coaching job security being what it is, it's silly to choose Baton Rouge over Tallahassee just because of a personal or family preference.

No way Jimbo would make it in the NFL

every time a deacinbama post pops up i just see "PAWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL ROLL TIDE"

the gumps have gotten to him.

Fuente is a great hire for VT, obviously.

just out of curiosity, can you expand on that?

i haven't paid much attention to the search & i know even less about the Memphis program.

on the surface, it reminds me a lot of Colorado's hire of MacIntyre (SJSU = Memphis, in this scenario). What's the selling point on Fuente?

I guess not many HCs can have the type of resume Clawson brought to the table, though.

No way Jimbo would make it in the NFL

He'd be silly to try it, but he wouldn't exactly be blazing new ground (Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Chip Kelly?) regarding successful college coaches who failed in the NFL. I'm just saying that going to LSU proves nothing with respect to his coaching acumen, while going to the NFL, at least potentially, does.

Back