• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

just out of curiosity, can you expand on that?

i haven't paid much attention to the search & i know even less about the Memphis program.

on the surface, it reminds me a lot of Colorado's hire of MacIntyre (SJSU = Memphis, in this scenario). What's the selling point on Fuente?

I guess not many HCs can have the type of resume Clawson brought to the table, though.

I live in Memphis. Fuente is very good and is a great choice. He's very understated and should fit in well at VT. He was TCU OC before taking over UM four years ago. UM was terrible and the conventional wisdom was that it was a dead end job. He proved otherwise very quickly.

I live in Memphis. Fuente is very good and is a great choice. He's very understated and should fit in well at VT. He was TCU OC before taking over UM four years ago. UM was terrible and the conventional wisdom was that it was a dead end job. He proved otherwise very quickly.

having Paxton Lynch helps things

Well Fuente runs pretty much the optimal modern NCAA offense. Really good QB resume with Dalton and recruiting/developing Paxton. Memphis was in really horrid shape when he took over (5-31 previous 3 years?). Herman and Fuente both look like excellent young offensive coaches that would be great hires for anyone (slight preference to Herman).

I really don't know much about MacIntyre so can't comment on him. The WAC is A LOT lower level football than the current AAC though

Well Fuente runs pretty much the optimal modern NCAA offense. Really good QB resume with Dalton and recruiting/developing Paxton. Memphis was in really horrid shape when he took over (5-31 previous 3 years?). Herman and Fuente both look like excellent young offensive coaches that would be great hires for anyone (slight preference to Herman).

I really don't know much about MacIntyre so can't comment on him. The WAC is A LOT lower level football than the current AAC though

So,is Les out at LSU or not. They're up 13-7 right now against A&M, so that hasn't done anything to quiet the critics when it comes to his offensive woes.

So,is Les out at LSU or not. They're up 13-7 right now against A&M, so that hasn't done anything to quiet the critics when it comes to his offensive woes.

I saw an upvoted comment on Reddit that it appeared LSU had its eyes on Fuente. If that's really the hold-up, we need to get Whit Babcock on the line to orchestrate the trade before Fuente steps on campus. Les would love Blacksburg. Lots of cow pastures for him to graze on.

So even thought Sportscenter's feed cut out during the announcement....Les is returning.

Interesting turn of events. The AD seems to have screwed the pooch on this one.
After coming back from the coaching dead, does Miles have a shorter leash or is he now invincible with this AD. Do you dare try to fire someone a second time after you failed the first. I would be interested to know how this affects their relationship and relative status within the department. How secure is the AD's job, for those that know LSU athletics?

Interesting turn of events. The AD seems to have screwed the pooch on this one.
After coming back from the coaching dead, does Miles have a shorter leash or is he now invincible with this AD. Do you dare try to fire someone a second time after you failed the first. I would be interested to know how this affects their relationship and relative status within the department. How secure is the AD's job, for those that know LSU athletics?

The LSU AD is Joe Alleva from Duke. When he left for LSU, Duke fans were ecstatic. His tenure at Duke was notable for his Carl Franks and Ted Roof hires. When Roof was fired, he pushed for hiring Karl Dorrell, who had been fired at UCLA. He was overruled, and Duke hired Cutcliffe. Shortly thereafter, he left for LSU, and Duke replaced him with Kevin White from Notre Dame.

Last edited:
2015 Football Coaching Carousel: LSU Decides To Keep Les Miles

The wannabe Notre Dame private school thing seems to be contagious

It's 2015, nobody believes you have an opinion worth giving a shit about.

Last edited:
Mike London officially done at UVA.

UVA-VT-MD all changing coaches this off-season. Would think that would leave some recruiting openings for WF.

Mike London officially done at UVA.

UVA-VT-MD all changing coaches this off-season. Would think that would leave some recruiting openings for WF.

With what scholarships?

Looks like we picked a bad time to over recruit.

Back