• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Any chance Chip Kelly decides he looked a lot smarter in college when he could be at a place where he got superior athletes compared to most of his competition and that made him look like a genius? He might could do that at Miami.

Chip Kelly = Da U athletes + the ACC would be awesome.

from espn article:

"Miami won the last of its five national championships in 2001 and hasn't appeared in what was once called the BCS bowls -- the Orange, Fiesta, Sugar and Rose -- since 2003. It has yet to win the ACC since joining in 2004 and hasn't even won a bowl game since 2006, the last night of Larry Coker's regime with the Hurricanes."

Wow. How the mighty have fallen.

For those who value comedy, I nominate either Danny Ford or Lane Kiffin for the Miami job. By the way, Danny Ford is only 4 years older than Butch Davis.

For those who value comedy, I nominate either Danny Ford or Lane Kiffin for the Miami job. By the way, Danny Ford is only 4 years older than Butch Davis.

That's hard to believe, seems like Danny Ford ought to be about 80 by now.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...no-iowa-state-offensive-coordinator/74628056/

Mark Mangino out as OC at Iowa State, school will use money saved in from future food budget to build new stadium.

I actually looked him up the other day to see if he was still coaching. What he did at Kansas was pretty much a miracle, considering how bad they were before that and how bad they have been after. if I am not mistaken, Wake and KU went to the Orange Bowl in back to back seasons. You could have gotten a billion to one odds on that occurring in 2000 or so.

I saw Danny Ford a few years ago.
He looked very old and was very slow walking......hunched over like he had severe back problems.

I agree with that.

I feel bad for BOB. After getting to know him on Hard Knocks he seems like a genuinely great guy but the Texans are the biggest mess in the league.

I feel bad for BOB. After getting to know him on Hard Knocks he seems like a genuinely great guy but the Texans are the biggest mess in the league.

I haven't paid attention to the Texans this year other than to know they stink, how has Watt played this year? Has he not been the same this year, have teams just decided to double and triple him all the time?

I haven't watched them outside of the Panthers game/highlights/twitter, but yeah, he doesn't seem as effective. The team just looks lazy too. Mallet seems to be late to a meeting or flight every other week and if you watch the Landry touchdown from this week, Cushing and a few other players could have made a play immediately after the catch but didn't make contact for some reason.

Back