• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

I mean, London's total owed comp is probably $2.5 million for next year and that's probably the buyout. That's a good start. Doesn't really seem that outlandish to me.

Shocked that Miami still has a top-10 class considering how mediocre they have been for the last decade. We'll see if it stays together with Golden out.
Wasn't he a great recruiter?

They will never be what they were for A LOT of reasons. College FB has changed, much of which hurts an anomaly like the Canes that relied entirely on local talent.

Don't think they can attract a top coach without serious $$. Not sure if their admin is that committed to it.

Miami still has the potential to be a Top Ten team most years. Recruiting there is easy. They just need to find the right coach to harness that talent. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to spend the most money.

Jerry Kill retiring effective immediately

Hope he's okay

Regarding the Miami job, this is about as close as an active coach will get to saying he wants to be interviewed for an opening...

A few media outlets have suggested that Miami gauge Richt's interest in the job, and the Athens Banner-Herald asked the Bulldogs coach about the opening on Tuesday.

"I don't think much of it really," Richt said. "I love my alma mater, the U. No doubt about it, but there's been nobody calling or writing or texting or anything like that. So I'm sure they'll find a great coach."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25355553/mark-richt-loves-miami-but-theres-been-nobody-calling-about-job

Seems like that would be a weird move. I'm sure Miami has asked in the past when they were in better shape?

If UGA opens, it becomes the top opening in the country and I think it will open if Richt loses vs the Gaytors this weekend.

Over USC?

I think they would be about even.

Georgia and Florida are two of the top 5 states for recruiting talent, and UGA has a national recruiting profile. Athens is a top 2-3 college town, and the $$$ and expectatations rival any other program in the SEC.

The fact that Richt hasn't at least made it to a national title game by now is surprising.

I think they would be about even.

Georgia and Florida are two of the top 5 states for recruiting talent, and UGA has a national recruiting profile. Athens is a top 2-3 college town, and the $$$ and expectatations rival any other program in the SEC.

The fact that Richt hasn't at least made it to a national title game by now is surprising.

A lot of it would be where a candidate's experience has been as well. Take Chip Kelly, since he was at Oregon he might consider USC a better job, while somebody with experience in the Southeast might consider UGA the better job. I agree, they are probably pretty even.

USC- 8 coaches since 1989 (including interims), 6 full time hires.
UGA- 3 coaches since 1989.

If I was a coach, I think that would impact my decision making process. Richt has been consistently good, but not great (at least by what UGA fans expect). He still has been there for almost a decade and a half. USC runs people out in the middle of the season.

Jerry Kill retiring effective immediately

Hope he's okay

Disappointing. He's done a really good job there / everywhere he's coached. Hopefully the reduced stress level will help keep him healthy. Imagine he'll end up coaching at a lower level once his health gets back to a good spot.

Miami still has the potential to be a Top Ten team most years. Recruiting there is easy. They just need to find the right coach to harness that talent. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to spend the most money.

Miami just not the job it once was back in their hey day. Terrible stadium situation and too many big time NFL guys chiming in on how things ought to be run. And in today's times they can't do it that way anymore. Donna Shalala served as school president from 2001-2015 [until she suffered a stroke in Sept] and raised them to #51 in the US News rankings of universities [they peaked at #38 in 2012]. They are in the center of big time talent from Florida but can't quite get them all in like they used to. Their mid-range SAT scores are from 1220-1420. Times have changed for The U.

Back