• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

CSacWnRW0AQoXbO.png

I'm curious which player is which on the Spurs. I would rank the roster:
Leonard, Aldrige, Duncan, Green, Parker, West, Ginobili, Diaw, Mills, Bonner (though I Bonner is easily on the fringe with SloMo and the other scrubs). West seems a little better than 113, but that's probably #hubris.

That's pretty close for spurs. Though manu has been really good pre season. If only they could play him 15 min per to save him for the play offs.

I'm curious which player is which on the Spurs. I would rank the roster:
Leonard, Aldrige, Duncan, Green, Parker, West, Ginobili, Diaw, Mills, Bonner (though I Bonner is easily on the fringe with SloMo and the other scrubs). West seems a little better than 113, but that's probably #hubris.

every team breakdown: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13723434/team-team

SAN ANTONIO SPURS

8. Kawhi Leonard
13. LaMarcus Aldridge
23. Tim Duncan
54. Tony Parker
60. Danny Green
113. David West
119. Boris Diaw
125. Manu Ginobili
162. Patty Mills
251. Kyle Anderson
255. Ray McCallum
383. Matt Bonner
394. Jimmer Fredette

Excited for the Boban era to begin.

The Spurs have a intriguing roster. They have an old Big Three and a Young Big Three. The Next Three will be a combination of the Young Next Three (Mills, Anderson, and Boban I guess) and the Old Next Three (Boris, West, and Butler/Bonner). If Pop can manage to transition the Young Big Three into the leaders and turn Parker, Duncan, and Manu into part-time rotation guys, that's huge. If he can turn Mills and Anderson into strong bench players, that's huge. The Spurs really need a young big in the rotation. I don't expect anything from Boban, but a few good minutes here and there could help save Duncan, Boris, and West.

Excited for the Boban era to begin.

The Spurs have a intriguing roster. They have an old Big Three and a Young Big Three. The Next Three will be a combination of the Young Next Three (Mills, Anderson, and Boban I guess) and the Old Next Three (Boris, West, and Butler/Bonner). If Pop can manage to transition the Young Big Three into the leaders and turn Parker, Duncan, and Manu into part-time rotation guys, that's huge. If he can turn Mills and Anderson into strong bench players, that's huge. The Spurs really need a young big in the rotation. I don't expect anything from Boban, but a few good minutes here and there could help save Duncan, Boris, and West.

Yeah, maybe Duncan will be able to get out and block that game winner this time. #ClipsnationALLIN #WeAreOne #Duncan't #frenchponcyhairdressers #longoriOUT #gonnamissdame #cantspellmanurewithoutManu #there'snokawhinginbasketball

Some solid tags there.

Spurs have a lot of question marks. Most of the contenders do though not as many.

Can the new clips bench mesh?
Can the rockets improve or was last year a bit of an over reach?
Will okc guys get and stay healthy?
Will cavs get healthy (much easier road of course).

GS has the fewest question marks. I don't think they'll match the regular season win total because of the target and they won't try. Probably still be the 1 in the west. Until proven otherwise they should be the favorite. One caveat is the easy road for cavs. Gives them plenty of time to be healthy and rest during the season.

I didn't follow too much NBA offseason talk but the Dubs "luck" meme was hilarious to me. All the top teams in the West got better on paper, but the Dubs are still the favorite in the West.

Some solid tags there.

Spurs have a lot of question marks. Most of the contenders do though not as many.

Can the new clips bench mesh?
Can the rockets improve or was last year a bit of an over reach?
Will okc guys get and stay healthy?
Will cavs get healthy (much easier road of course).

GS has the fewest question marks. I don't think they'll match the regular season win total because of the target and they won't try. Probably still be the 1 in the west. Until proven otherwise they should be the favorite. One caveat is the easy road for cavs. Gives them plenty of time to be healthy and rest during the season.

Looks like the Clips bench meshing ain't an issue because my boy BORN READY is already starting.

Still think the Clips are missing a wing who can guard wing elite scorers. Who's that guy - Stephenson?

Can't decide whether to start McCollum or Lin tonight. Leaning McCollum, but Lin had such a nice preseason. Hmmmm.

Still think the Clips are missing a wing who can guard wing elite scorers. Who's that guy - Stephenson?
Lance

Wesley Johnson should be comparable to Barnes

Pierce is probably too old now

Pierce has still got it on D. But I mean only 2 guys in the league can guard Durant or LeBron anyways.

Back