• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 57m57 minutes ago
Secret service at the United Center this morning. All signs point to POTUS being at the Cavs-Bulls game tonight.

Swaggy P's Halloween costume:

r27o2b.jpg

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 57m57 minutes ago
Secret service at the United Center this morning. All signs point to POTUS being at the Cavs-Bulls game tonight.

I saw what had to be a presidential motorcade in Woodley Park last Tuesday. If it took all that to just get Obama around DC, I can't imagine what security it takes to get him in and out of an NBA game.

"awful thread starter"

dirty job but someone's gotta do it

Commish speaks: Adam Silver: 'Hack-a-player' rules not likely to change'

"It's bad, I get it, from an aesthetic standpoint, from an entertainment standpoint, for fans," Silver said. "On the other hand, I hear from literally thousands of coaches -- not just from the United States but from around the world -- saying, 'You cannot change this rule. What lesson does that send? The kids who are learning the game, this is a fundamental part of the game: A guy's got to be able to make free throws.'

Anybody doings props?

Sorry, I have not had the time to give it the job it deserves. If anyone else is interested I can give you the Google drive name/pw. I like to start it before the season tips but I'd guess a day or so wouldn't be the end of the world if someone can jump in pretty quick.

Anybody doings props?

2015-16 NBA Thread Predictions. For context:

The 13-14 NBA thread had 15,743 posts, with deacfreke07 as the top poster at 1,720 posts. Ten posters had over 500 posts on the thread.
The 14-15 NBA thread had a paltry 10,468 posts, with palmab03 as the top poster at 1,307. Seven posters had over 500 posts.

Commish speaks: Adam Silver: 'Hack-a-player' rules not likely to change'

"It's bad, I get it, from an aesthetic standpoint, from an entertainment standpoint, for fans," Silver said. "On the other hand, I hear from literally thousands of coaches -- not just from the United States but from around the world -- saying, 'You cannot change this rule. What lesson does that send? The kids who are learning the game, this is a fundamental part of the game: A guy's got to be able to make free throws.'

Maybe that intentionally fouling away from the ball 90 feet from the basket is lame as shit and shouldn't be part of the game.

Also free throws aren't a fundamental part of the game. They are a necessary evil to keep the game from devolving into a rugby match.

My pellies are gonna crush the champs tonight

Who are everyone's bandwagon teams this year? I feel like the Bucks are a popular pick, maybe the Kings. Time to get in on the ground floor for the Magic and Wolves.

Official 2015-16 NBA Season Thread: GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS (Poll @ #10)

Who are everyone's bandwagon teams this year? I feel like the Bucks are a popular pick, maybe the Kings. Time to get in on the ground floor for the Magic and Wolves.

Pek has always been my boy.

I'll roll with TWolves, Bucks, and PTors

And of course MY SPURS, MY HORNETS, and MY CLIPSE

Last edited:

Its gotta be the Jazz with the Stifel tower or somehow the Miami Heat. Outside of Wade I like those guys, but Wade is an old man so I can deal.

Back