• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Nice highlights from Ish. Great to see him drain that wide open three.

i think MY SQUADS for this year are pretty much identical to the rest of the thread:
bucks
magic
jazz
nuggs (this team will be a blast)

THAT BEING SAID, my CELTS might actually be pretty good this year? I'm cautiously optimistic about them, and they should actually be fun to watch. If everything breaks right (which is a big if, I know), I think Stevens could get them to a top 3 seed in the East.
oh ffs

Meh.

From the ESPN Insider preview:
The Celtics might be the hardest team to peg in the NBA. On one hand, they have a roster full of valuable role players that any team would envy. On the other, they have no franchise cornerstone. The rosy outlook might suggest they're trying to be the Atlanta Hawks of last season, stunning the NBA with smart, starless basketball. But can you see three All-Stars on this roster? Even Lucky the Leprechaun doesn't see it.

Nonetheless, RPM thinks the world of the Celtics, projecting them to win the No. 2 slot in the East. No, not the 2016 NBA draft. The Eastern Conference standings. With most Eastern powers taking a step back, RPM sees the Celtics taking advantage of the shift and winning 51 games during the regular season with top-10 ranks on both ends of the ball. That's not a total stretch considering they tied for the third-best point differential in the East after the All-Star break.

SCHOENE isn't sold. While Johnson will provide a lift defensively, SCHOENE believes Thomas and Lee will undo any good progress made by the former Toronto big. With a 23rd ranked defense, SCHOENE sees the Celtics taking a step back and falling just short of a .500 record. With Stevens at the helm, the Celtics are like a pro golfer handed a bag full of top-notch irons and no driver. Sure, you can make it work, but how much can you really win that way? We're about to find out if the Celtics are indeed the Baby Hawks like RPM thinks they will be.

Dude the Celtics suck and should be banned for injuring Kevin love for no reason

Go check the draft thread, I've been on Hezonja for a long whike now. Magic are my squad, back off all you imposters.

Go look at the Celtics' schedule after the AS break. A great mix of shitty teams, contenders resting stars down the stretch, and would-be pretty good teams with injured All-Stars.

Meh. 6th seed at best.

(Yes, Brews, I am pretty negative about the Celtics)

Who is the Celtics best player?

Which team has the worst best player?

That second question is intriguing. I would think the Nyets, Celts, 6ers, Magic (probably not though), and I'm gong to suggest the Lakers are in the mix.

Which team has the worst best player?

CSacWnRW0AQoXbO.png

Celtics don't have a single player that would start on a championship caliber team. That said, Brad Stevens is a wizard and the C's are still likely to get a top 6 seed in the East. They'd wouldn't crack 30 wins if they were in the West though.

That chart is pretty cool.

I don't know much about the ESPN Player Rank formula, though.

All-around? Gotta be Bradley or Amir Johnson, right? I guess IT2 might be in the conversation, but I think his defense sets him too far back.

Celtics don't have a single player that would start on a championship caliber team.

Meh... I think you're overstating how good championship teams' #5 starters are. I agree that the Celts don't have a player who would be top 3 on most championship rosters, though.

That said, Brad Stevens is a wizard and the C's are still likely to get a top 6 seed in the East. They'd wouldn't crack 30 wins if they were in the West though.

Agreed on all counts. I sort of think this is a sum-is-greater-than-the-parts type deal for the C's... They're a sneakily deep squad (just look at that chart! they have top 2 8th/9th/10th players, top 10 6th/7th players), and I do believe in Stevens' coaching ability.

They'd definitely be in a lot of trouble in the West, though.

Back