• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

I'd love to see it, but GS and SA are going to be pretty tough to pass, and OKC could be a tough out...

I dunno, I think I have them as the 3 seed. Their depth should propel them past HOU and OKC, but SA and GS are just as deep

it'll be an awesome season. really hoping injuries dont undermine it too much.

big match-up wednesday. it'll be my first game this year. pretty amped because last year i had to miss all the clipse games.

I'm not sold on Born Ready.
They're deep enough that it doesn't matter

Last year they only had Barnes at SF, now they've got Lance, Wesley Johnson and Pierce. So if Lance is an idiot then they're still better than last year.

If doc is not an idiot then Prigioni will get backup pg mins when it matters

The clips will be the favorite in the west by the end of the regular season, that's my prediction

#nepotism

Might be an interesting prope to set an o/u on # of games between 1st and 4th in the West.

I'd love to see it, but GS and SA are going to be pretty tough to pass, and OKC could be a tough out...

I dunno, I think I have them as the 3 seed. Their depth should propel them past HOU and OKC, but SA and GS are just as deep

I think the Warriors and Clips are top two at this point. The Spurs aren't that deep at all, especially compared to the Clips. They sacrificed depth for cap space. Kyle Anderson got 13 minutes Wednesday night.

nba showing off the xmas unis

CSlEw6eWcAA76pj.jpg

CSlEyvXWUAEC9kK.jpg

YASS dem socks

i think it's too early to tell how deep (or not) the spurs are. parker, green, leonard, aldridge, duncan top 5 with mills, manu, land walrus, west and so far anderson. that's more than enough talent to win in the play offs, assuming they get there. the bigger question is how do they fit the pieces together to be an elite team?

they biggest loss is belinelli's shooting. they have not replaced that. they traded tiago's 20 mpg and banes' 16 mpg for aldridge's 35 mpg. that means IF some of their younger guys can begin to contribute they might end up deeper. will be interesting to watch.

still don't have a feel for anderson but the spurs did pick up their option for next year so it seems like they like enough of what they see to continue to find room for him.

do agree that spurs are not top two right now. they might be behind warriors, clips, okc and houston right now. memphis would probably give them fits as well.

Socks are dope, but I don't love the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas font.

dubs one point dogs at houston tonight. that should be a fun one.

nba showing off the xmas unis

CSlEw6eWcAA76pj.jpg

CSlEyvXWUAEC9kK.jpg

YASS dem socks

:drool:

i think it's too early to tell how deep (or not) the spurs are. parker, green, leonard, aldridge, duncan top 5 with mills, manu, land walrus, west and so far anderson. that's more than enough talent to win in the play offs, assuming they get there. the bigger question is how do they fit the pieces together to be an elite team?

they biggest loss is belinelli's shooting. they have not replaced that. they traded tiago's 20 mpg and banes' 16 mpg for aldridge's 35 mpg. that means IF some of their younger guys can begin to contribute they might end up deeper. will be interesting to watch.

still don't have a feel for anderson but the spurs did pick up their option for next year so it seems like they like enough of what they see to continue to find room for him.

do agree that spurs are not top two right now. they might be behind warriors, clips, okc and houston right now. memphis would probably give them fits as well.

Spurs are better than Houston and Memphis right now.

:drool:

Spurs are better than Houston and Memphis right now.

maybe. based on what i have seen i think they are out of sync and will take a little time to work into it. i'm giving memphis a boost against them early season only because they have been playing the same guys (mostly) the same way for a long time.

spurs will be a different team mid season.

maybe. based on what i have seen i think they are out of sync and will take a little time to work into it. i'm giving memphis a boost against them early season only because they have been playing the same guys (mostly) the same way for a long time.

spurs will be a different team mid season.

If you're going to judge the Spurs on one game, you need to be honest about what Memphis and Houston have shown on the court too.

some preseason as well. i just think the spurs, right now, have work to do to be a contender. and you are right that i have not really seen much more than some clips and warriors.

some preseason as well. i just think the spurs, right now, have work to do to be a contender. and you are right that i have not really seen much more than some clips and warriors.

Staying healthy is the most important team for any of these teams at the top of the West.

Back