• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

10fd0a349210e8d61b4903332ab41a71.jpg

wtf is that handshake, Steve?

Big road win tonight in Milwaukee after a rough third quarter. Career high for Zeller. Should have Courtney Lee in the lineup on Sunday in Brooklyn.

Hornets have won 5 in a row. In the 7 seed and 3 games back of the 3 seed.

When they're at least 90% healthy or so their record is pretty damn good.

If MKG hadn't gotten reinjured I think they would have a legit shot at the 3 seed. Hopefully Lee can slide in and take up some of MKG's role. I'm not expecting too much from him, but he should be an upgrade from Hairston nonetheless. It would be fantastic if they could climb to the #4 and get a home series. They have a good number of road games left, but most of the teams they play are below .500.

Hornets have been reeling me back in. I don't think I could completely give up on a team. Always found myself flipping to their games and watching. Still not a fan of the Frank pick and would love to have Justice long term, but Frank hasn't been half bad.

They should have picked Myles Turner insted of Frank or Justise. That guy is a stud. c'est la vie. they were right about Justise imo. he's a lot like MKG but with worse numbers (even when both were rookies) and they couldn't have seen random shoulder injuries sidelining him for the entire season.

Really? One couldn't foresee pillar of health MKG getting injured?

I mean he never had shoulder injuries before. Shouldn't exactly be planning a draft around "in case one of our best players getting hurt." And then again Justise has an identical PER to fucking PJ so what does it matter?

Justise looks awesome when you watch him live but he kinda sucks

Justise will be good and probably a better player than Frank, I don't think he'll be any better than MKG if he can come back healthy and hopefully avoid injuries. People like Simmons were acting like he was the next Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler, no fucking way. People still act like that just because of what he did at Duke and what they said before the draft.

Myles Turner will be the steal of the 2015 draft.

MKG will never get over the recurring shoulder problem i fear

I'm interested to see how they do on the road at Cleveland on Wednesday. Obviously you go into the game thinking it will be an L, but they beat the Cavs at home last month without Kemba (though had MKG) who is playing out of his mind lately, so maybe with him and Al and Lee they have a shot.
Anyway, it is nice to have some hoops to get into in February/March given the Wake situation.

Winslow's averaging 28 minutes a game for a 31-24 team at 19. MKG averaged 26 a game his rookie year for a 21-61 team when he was 19. Kawhi was shooting 27% from 3 and 43% overall for San Diego State when he was 19. He still has time. frank's ok too

anywhoo, enjoying this season.

The all important metrics of MPG and team w/l.

Huge win against the Pacers. Kemba quietly having a terrific year. Just hit the game winner against the Pacers in IND. Already won the season series against them even tho both games have been there. Won the season series against the Bulls too. Hornets rock solid on tie breakers against teams around them in standings.

Huge win last night. If they can pull out this next one at Atlanta on Sunday to finish the road trip 5-1, it would be spectacular.

Not sure how I feel about Lee yet. His shot isn't falling and his decision making isn't great. Hopefully it is just a product of not yet being comfortable on the team. At this point he and Lamb are basically exactly the same player.

I do love Al coming off the bench though. Cody fits the first unit as the 5 better, and Al can just straight dominate the opposing second team 5, whoever it is.

Back