• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Also, the Thunder are freaking awful at the 2 spot. They've been trotting out Waiters, Roberson, Morrow, and Singler there to minimal success. Thanks for giving away Lamb Presti!

I'm pretty fired up to see the Warriors tomorrow. Not sure the Hornets can hang, but the crowd should be strong for Dell Curry Night and I assume a lot of love for Steph.

Al stinks in this type of up and down game. They are better with Cody and Frank playing the 5 against a team like the Warriors. You are right in that it still may be a bloodbath, though.

I'm pretty fired up to see the Warriors tomorrow. Not sure the Hornets can hang, but the crowd should be strong for Dell Curry Night and I assume a lot of love for Steph.

What are they doing to honor Dell?

Will be attending my 1st Hornets game of the year. Couldn't have gotten luckier with the opponent.

Some sort of ceremony at halftime I think. It'll be interesting whether Steph stays in the locker room with his teammates or comes out with his dad.

What are they doing to honor Dell?

Will be attending my 1st Hornets game of the year. Couldn't have gotten luckier with the opponent.

Hornets t-shirts with Buzz City 30 on them.

Al Jefferson out 2-3 weeks with a strained calf.

Hornets t-shirts with Buzz City 30 on them.

Looks like for the first 10,000 fans, so an incentive to get there slightly earlier (though sometimes with the t-shirts they just throw one over the back of each seat in the lower level).

Damn, I have never seen anybody on fire as much as Steph was in the 3rd quarter. Impressive that it happened right after his Dad was honored.

Charlotte is such a pro sports town. No one up here in actual ACC country cares about the Hornets. I guess it's good to see them get some fan support. Maybe I should watch a game. Do they ever play when it's not game night in the ACC?

Charlotte is such a pro sports town. No one up here in actual ACC country cares about the Hornets. I guess it's good to see them get some fan support. Maybe I should watch a game. Do they ever play when it's not game night in the ACC?

On the flip side, nobody outside of about 3 low/mid-tier NC cities cares much about the ACC any more. Most people couldn't even tell you which schools are currently in it. It bastardized itself via expansion and the "Carolina Way"; it is just as much a pro game as the NBA in terms of passion but played at a much lower level, so might as well watch the big boys play it.

On the flip side, nobody outside of about 3 low/mid-tier NC cities cares much about the ACC any more. Most people couldn't even tell you which schools are currently in it. It bastardized itself via expansion and the "Carolina Way"; it is just as much a pro game as the NBA in terms of passion but played at a much lower level, so might as well watch the big boys play it.

it's been a while since we've gotten a 2&2 take this scalding hot

Seriously. The ACC is hot garbage. And Wake is hot garbage in a hot garbage league.

The Hornets play 3 or 4 games a week.

I LIVE IN THE 17TH LARGEST METROPOLITAN AREA IN THE COUNTRY I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS

It's well known that I don't drive a Stratus. However, I am very angry.

Anyway,

Kemba Walker’s improved 3-point shooting a game-changer for Hornets

In his first 17 games – nearly a quarter of the 2015-16 season – Walker is shooting 39.7 percent from 3 (27-of-68). That is not a particularly large sample, but Clifford has seen enough to believe this is no blip.

Walker spent hundreds of hours this summer working with Hornets shooting coach Bruce Kreutzer. Clifford hired Kreutzer last spring to replace Mark Price’s skill set after Price left to become head coach of the Charlotte 49ers.

“I lived in the gym this summer, just trying to be more consistent,” Walker said. “I know to get to another level I had to make 3s; be more consistent with it.”

Hmm. I had a dream that Kemba was traded to the heat for Battier & somebody else. Odd dream.

Back