• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

I think Kemba's shot selection (and thus the small sample size) has more to do with his increased % than anything. With other legit 3pt shooters on the team, he doesn't have to take those wild, step-back 3s that he seemed to always hoist in prior years. Most of his 3s now seem to be either open in transition or off of ball rotation, not off the dribble in the half-court.

By the way Frank played really well last night, and Hansbrough was actually a nice surprise when he was in there. Steph is just so sick though, nobody can compete with that. It's like he isn't even trying yet it barely touches the net. They have those mics on the rims inside the arena, but usually the sound of a made basket isn't too crisp because of the mixed clang from the ball grazing the rim. With him it sounds like the net snapping in just a split-second pop.

Walker spent hundreds of hours this summer working with Hornets shooting coach Bruce Kreutzer. Clifford hired Kreutzer last spring to replace Mark Price’s skill set after Price left to become head coach of the Charlotte 49ers.

Shout-out to my old high school coach, 1989 state champs!

2&2 -- I agree with you here. I watch the ACC, you don't. A lot fewer people watch it. Virtually no one in Charlotte watches it. I probably should sit down and watch a Hornets game. I actually put the one day game they have on my calendar to bring my nephews FWIW. But, yea, let there be no doubt you people down in Charlotte have moved on from us. Enjoy! Remind me again though why I'm seeing this thread? Don't they have a Hornets message board?

If Charlotte is so great and those of us up here in actual ACC country are so unsuccessful and irrelevant, why are you all bothering around on this message board with this Hornets stuff?

Last edited:
2&2 -- I agree with you here. I watch the ACC, you don't. A lot fewer people watch it. Virtually no one in Charlotte watches it. I probably should sit down and watch a Hornets game. I actually put the one day game they have on my calendar to bring my nephews FWIW. But, yea, let there be no doubt you people down in Charlotte have moved on from us. Enjoy! Remind me again though why I'm seeing this thread? Don't they have a Hornets message board?

If Charlotte is so great and those of us up here in actual ACC country are so unsuccessful and irrelevant, why are you all bothering around on this message board with this Hornets stuff?

WTF makes you think no one in Charlotte watches the ACC ? It's a mind-bogglingly inaccurate assertion.

Thanks for bringing your nephews and tourist dollars to Charlotte. We've got a lot !
If Charlotte and the Hornets suck so much, why are you asking stupid questions on this thread ?

nice road win in chicago followed up by an easy 20 point win over detroit at home. 20 games into the season your charlotte hornets are 1 game back of the top of the east.

Heat coming to town tomorrow night for what should be a good game. My biggest concern is that the schedule seems really front-loaded with home games. I imagine there are some long road trips towards the end of the season that could really take their toll. They need to build up a big cushion while at home so much.

Batum putting up a triple double in a real solid home win tonight.

18 point win over a healthy and rested Heat team, and it wasn't really even that close. Played the back of the bench for almost the entire 4th after going up 30. 1st place in the Southeast division!

Arlington jerking it to the whole organization rn, and much deserved it must be said

i presume you are trolling all of the 20 soccer threads and other bullshit to police non-wake topics

pretty impressive. there are a total of 20 wake forest topics on page 1, including the 3 tacked. TOO MUCH SOCCER DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Batum is a really good player.

I never was "in" on Al Jefferson, and I'm really "out" on him now. You just can't win in the NBA with a black hole in the middle who can't help space the floor and can't defend. It's no accident the Hornets just look a lot better with him not on the court.

Batum is a really good player.

I never was "in" on Al Jefferson, and I'm really "out" on him now. You just can't win in the NBA with a black hole in the middle who can't help space the floor and can't defend. It's no accident the Hornets just look a lot better with him not on the court.

Agreed. As I've said a few times now, they are generally better without him on the floor. He is nice to have for certain matchups and could be valuable in the playoffs (assuming they keep it up and make it), but he is no longer one of their key guys. Though I guess he'll be out for a while now anyway.

Umm. This is just wrong.

He's averaging 3.5 points on 31%FG, 11%3ptFG, and 17%FT in December. He's cracked double digits in 3 games this year, career high of 13. His PER is 6.7. He certainly looks like he could be good with time and experience, but he's hot garbage atm.

Umm. This is just wrong.

His PER is 6.67 (22 out of 25 rookies - between Trey Lyles and RJ Hunter). PER isn't a be-all end-all stat, but it's a pretty good indication that Winslow hasn't been good.

Back