• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

The Wade move definitely helps the Hornets' chances for the playoffs. Miami now sucks ass, and Chicago won't win shit with Wade and Rondo forming what may be the worst shooting backcourt in NBA history.

The Wade move definitely helps the Hornets' chances for the playoffs. Miami now sucks ass, and Chicago won't win shit with Wade and Rondo forming what may be the worst shooting backcourt in NBA history.

That's great I guess, but is the baseline for success just making the playoffs? Particularly in the East, where a near .500 record gets you in? I have a hard time seeing how the roster was improved in any appreciable way this offseason. I really don't care about sneaking into the playoffs only to be swept 4-0 by a legitimate team. To be honest last year and this year are wasted years, with the team in no-man's-land. Not bad enough to get a lottery pick and build something for the future, yet not good enough to do any damage in the playoffs. It's incredibly frustrating.

That's great I guess, but is the baseline for success just making the playoffs? Particularly in the East, where a near .500 record gets you in? I have a hard time seeing how the roster was improved in any appreciable way this offseason. I really don't care about sneaking into the playoffs only to be swept 4-0 by a legitimate team. To be honest last year and this year are wasted years, with the team in no-man's-land. Not bad enough to get a lottery pick and build something for the future, yet not good enough to do any damage in the playoffs. It's incredibly frustrating.

I mean that's how Cho got this job.... By tanking the ThunderSonics and getting Bestbrook and Durant after 2 years in the lottery.

Trust the process I guess....

The Hornets were a game 6 home game win away from a date in the Eastern Conference semis with a not-very-scary Toronto team. They were pretty close this year. If we can't get out of the 1st round again next year then yeah, maybe you can call it a wasted period, but I'm willing to wait and see what happens in '16-17 before throwing in the towel.

The Hornets will be in the mix fro the 7th or 8th slot for the playoffs this year.

Short of signing Durant, which wasn't going to happen, they weren't competing for the title next year anyway. They were a few points at home from winning a series this year, now have their prime core (Kemba, MKG, Batum, and Marvin) signed long-term, and (just as importantly) didn't overpay for anyone this year so will have additional ability to add someone who could be the missing piece next offseason when the cap jumps again. Plus, they've got fan and community interest back in the right direction after the Bobacle and are starting to get credit around the league as being a legit franchise. The overall package of the franchise has been completely turned around by MJ and Cho in just a few short years. It is night and day compared to what it was.

If your "prime core" is Kemba, MKG, Batum and Marvin, you have little chance to ever contend.

will have additional ability to add someone who could be the missing piece next offseason when the cap jumps again.
stephen-curry-in-charlotte-hornets-jersey.png

No one outside of NC believed/believes/will ever believe that Curry would come home next year, but I was a true bee-liever right up until GS signed Durant this week. I don't see him coming home now though. Maybe when he's getting toward the end of his career, but I was hoping for a couple of his prime years.

As if it's not bad enough that the Warriors are favored against the entire field to win the title next year, the Warriors are going to be able to offer him a contract worth about $40 million dollars more than any other team. He's not going anywhere.

As far as the Hornets contending, there are 2.5 contenders in the NBA next year, I'll take a similar year to last year as someone who watches them play 3 times a week for 6 months. The backups they replaced Lin and Al with aren't as good, but Al missed most of the season last year anyway, and a healthy MKG should more than offset those dropoffs. His shoulder might be fucked, but there's no point in worrying about it or debating if he'll be okay or not. Just have to wait and see. The re-injury wasn't some minor contact, a 7 footer fell directly on his shoulder a few games into his return, it was pretty unlucky.

No one outside of NC believed/believes/will ever believe that Curry would come home next year, but I was a true bee-liever right up until GS signed Durant this week. I don't see him coming home now though. Maybe when he's getting toward the end of his career, but I was hoping for a couple of his prime years.

Don't underestimate how much of a pussy Durant is and how much of an asshole Draymond is. I have a strong suspicion that the Warriors implode and Curry looks to bail.

Don't underestimate how much of a pussy Durant is and how much of an asshole Draymond is. I have a strong suspicion that the Warriors implode and Curry looks to bail.

I completely disagree with this. There should be no suspicion that the Warriors implode next season. It's Warriors vs Cavs again in the Finals. It's gonna be great.

I could definitely see Curry getting a Wade type deal from the Hornets in 8 years.

A healthy MKG is a big step up. Not sure if he will ever be the same but if he is it's a difference maker. That's the hope for me for the Hornets this season.

As far as the Hornets contending, there are 2.5 contenders in the NBA next year, I'll take a similar year to last year as someone who watches them play 3 times a week for 6 months. The backups they replaced Lin and Al with aren't as good, but Al missed most of the season last year anyway, and a healthy MKG should more than offset those dropoffs. His shoulder might be fucked, but there's no point in worrying about it or debating if he'll be okay or not. Just have to wait and see. The re-injury wasn't some minor contact, a 7 footer fell directly on his shoulder a few games into his return, it was pretty unlucky.

This is a great point. Get me in the playoffs and let the cards fall as they will.

lets tank because we can't win the title unlike the two teams in the NBA with any chance whatsoever, maybe we can end up getting franchise players like the T-Wolves and Pelicans and...still have absolutely no shot.

Give me last season over any bobcats or hornets season prior. Hate that they ditched the high upside picks after Vonleh sucked though. Even though he actually sucks we were still able to get Batum with him so I don't understand why they just completely junked that philosophy. Team would be looking pretty damn good if we had Booker or Turner

Hornets signed Christian Wood to a 2 year deal, 2nd year is a team option. 20 year old 6-10 PF, undrafted out of UNLV, was on the 76ers summer league team.

Roster up to 14.

Got an e-mail from the Hornets that the arena name is changing from TWC arena to Spectrum Arena as a result of TWC's merger with Charter. I think that is a little confusing with the 76ers and the Spectrum, but they didn't ask my opinion. In any event, they also say they are currently installing a new state-of-the-art scoreboard.

Back