• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

RSF hyperbole aside, Lee is a strong addition to a post-MKG roster.

This team has to be a 7 seed or better to have even a fool's hope of winning a playoff series, right? When does Al come back?

Hornets and rockets talking about Howard. It might make the team better but I do not enjoy watching him play basketball whatsoever

Obviously you have to avoid the 8 seed and CLE in the 1st round at all costs. Good thing is the East is bunched together, they're sitting at 8 right now and only 4 games out of the 3 seed.

I would hate a Dawight trade. He has an opt-out after this year. Do not give up anything of value for a half season rental.

Obviously you have to avoid the 8 seed and CLE in the 1st round at all costs. Good thing is the East is bunched together, they're sitting at 8 right now and only 4 games out of the 3 seed.

I would hate a Dawight trade. He has an opt-out after this year. Do not give up anything of value for a half season rental.

What pieces even make that trade work? Is Al part of that deal? Where does he fit into a lineup with DA-Wight?

wonder if we could swap big al + ____ to get it done. Al is done after this season too.

Gotta think Houston would want a lot more. Big Al is old, injury prone, and on the last year of his deal. Al would probably go mostly to make the money work.

If I had to guess they would want one of the young Hornet bigs and a 1st round pick. That would be fine if we could guarantee Dawight would re-sign, but that's a stretch.

I would not give up anything more than Al. Dawight is a cancer with no long term potential for helping the team. He could, however, help them win a playoff series, which is probably worth giving up Al.

I think Big Al straight up for Howard. Big Al is old, but when healthy a solid post soccer. HowArd is also injury prone and a basket case. Both are expiring contracts at end of season. Maybe MJ can inspire HOward for 1/2 a season?

I think Big Al straight up for Howard. Big Al is old, but when healthy a solid post soccer. HowArd is also injury prone and a basket case. Both are expiring contracts at end of season. Maybe MJ can inspire HOward for 1/2 a season?

No chance Houston takes that deal.

I think Houston wants Howard gone, period. That team is so dysfunctional. Big Al might not do it. But I would not mortgage the future for a guy that has an opt out at the end of the year, is a head case, and has a bad back.

Big Al is same age as Dwight and just as injury prone. Has to be straight up for me unless there's another deal in place.

Big Al is same age as Dwight and just as injury prone. Has to be straight up for me unless there's another deal in place.

I wouldn't mind throwing in one of our redundant crackers, but I probably wouldn't give up a 1st rounder. Thought DAWight, for all his faults, would be the biggest star we've had since the 90s. That matters on the balance sheet.

Eh, our redundant crackers are a relatively important part of this team given the constant stream of injuries. If it is Al + cracker for Dawight who will likely soon injure himself, that makes the frontcourt pretty thin.

ETA: and from a cracker standpoint, Cody and Frank should be completely off the table in this deal.

You can't have Cody but you can have this older more alcoholic version of him.

That is beyond stupid and there's no way the Rockets are going to get anywhere near that kind of value. Cody's got two more years and an RFA year left. How the hell do they think they're going to get something like that for an expiring contract? The cap is going up. Cody's going to be a bargain for the next few years. A replacement for a guy like that would cost probably twice Cody's roughly $5 to $7 million contract. Same goes for Frank.

Back