• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

We're a lock to avoid the Cavs and Ptors in the first round at this point right? I wouldn't rush Batum back. Rest everyone up who needs it.

Pretty much. Hold tie breakers over Indiana and Detroit, so one more win or Pacers loss guarantees the Hornets at least the 6th seed.

It's coming down to the wire.

Hornets beat Nets, Magic beat Heat.... Hornets and Heat tied at 46-33

Hornets last 3: @Wizards, @Celtics, home Magic
Heat last 3: home Magic, @Pistons, @Celtics

If tied, the first tie-breaker is head to head (2-2), then division record (Hornets 7-8, Heat 8-7 last game is Magic for both), then Conference record (Hornets 31-18, Heat 29-20)

Hornets 1 game behind Hawks and Celtics and already lost tiebreaker for both

Hawks last 3: home Celtics, @Cavaliers, @Wizards
Celtics last 3: @Hawks, home Hornets, home Heat

Preferred seed: 3, then 4, then 6, then 5

There probably should be about 1000 spaces between the 6 and 5. That would seem to be by far the least desired outcome

Yeah, they could pack up and take 6 right now but the chance at homecourt in the first round with the 4 seed is still very alive. You could see the Celts or the Hawks losing 2 out of the last 3.

What's up with Lamb? He wasn't on the bench last night or even there in street clothes. Troy Daniels (I always want to call him Troy Hudson) shot the lights out in his absence though, I wonder if he'll take postseason minutes.

Lamb had a toe strain, was inactive. Not a serious injury.

Troy Daniels is 51/104 from 3 this year. Guy can shoot.

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't put too much stock in that game yesterday, but what a shitshow. It makes me think they'll go 0-4 on the road in the playoffs, which is why that 3/4 seed was so important. I expect another road loss tonight.

I know I shouldn't put too much stock in that game yesterday, but what a shitshow. It makes me think they'll go 0-4 on the road in the playoffs, which is why that 3/4 seed was so important. I expect another road loss tonight.

Pretty poor performance against a team with no Wall (and no Beal for most of the game), and nothing to play for. Looking like a 3/6 showdown with a rounding-into-form Atlanta team is going to be our destiny.

Put the Washington loss behind them and blew out Boston on the road tonight. Still a shot at the 5 seed (I think yesterday's loss and Miami's win essentially eliminated them from a shot at the 4-seed). Would rather take my chances against Boston or Miami in the 4/5 series vs. Atlanta in the 3/6. Cleveland would be looming in the 2nd round, but you are going to have to go through them eventually.

Put the Washington loss behind them and blew out Boston on the road tonight. Still a shot at the 5 seed (I think yesterday's loss and Miami's win essentially eliminated them from a shot at the 4-seed). Would rather take my chances against Boston or Miami in the 4/5 series vs. Atlanta in the 3/6. Cleveland would be looming in the 2nd round, but you are going to have to go through them eventually.

Yea I think that's the right play, going for the 5. I don't want to play LeBron and a team that talented but the coaching mismatch in a Cavs/Hornets series is a big advantage for Clifford. Unfortunately they have still have Lebron. Will need Batum back 100%.

I assume there is no chance that MKG could make a Willis Reed style comeback to D up LeBron in the second round, is there? He looked so damn good against him that one game he played when we beat them without Kemba, they could have a fighting chance if he were out there. Lee is good, but can't replicate that defense.

Can't find a full scenario, but is it at all possible to get a home court seeding at this point?

Miami is at Detroit tonight and at Boston tomorrow
Boston hosts Miami tomorrow
Atlanta is at Washington tomorrow
Charlotte hosts Orlando tomorrow

You'd have to assume Miami losing to Detroit and Atlanta losing to Washington are necessary, but it appears to me there is still the possibility of a four way tie

Observer this morning said 5th is the highest we can finish, even with the four-way tie. Personally I'd rather finish 6th than 5th...if we pull an upset in the first round, we'd avoid Lebron in the second round and likely get Toronto.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think as an extreme defensively minded team we can exceed 33 wins. Doesn't really matter in the long run because we have so many young players and MKG are out, but I certainly think we can hit the over there.

WAY TO GO PAST DOOFUS.

Can't find a full scenario, but is it at all possible to get a home court seeding at this point?

Miami is at Detroit tonight and at Boston tomorrow
Boston hosts Miami tomorrow
Atlanta is at Washington tomorrow
Charlotte hosts Orlando tomorrow

You'd have to assume Miami losing to Detroit and Atlanta losing to Washington are necessary, but it appears to me there is still the possibility of a four way tie

With Miami's win Sunday and our loss to Washington, we lose all tiebreakers to all teams at this point, so no shot for HCA in the first round.

it's all good. we can beat atlanta for sure - it's not like they have much of a home court advantage.

Back