• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

If Atlanta wins, Miami beats Detroit, Boston beats Miami, and Charlotte wins:

3. ATL 4. BOS 5. MIA 6. CHA

If Atlanta wins, Miami beats Detroit, Boston beats Miami, and Charlotte loses:

If Atlanta wins, Miami beats Detroit, Miami beats Boston, and Charlotte wins:

3. MIA 4. ATL 5. CHA 6. BOS

If Atlanta wins, Miami beats Detroit, Miami beats Boston, and Charlotte loses:

3. MIA 4. ATL 5. BOS 6. CHA

If Atlanta wins, Miami loses to Detroit, Boston beats Miami, and Charlotte wins:

3. ATL 4. BOS 5. CHA 6. MIA

If Atlanta wins, Miami loses to Detroit, Boston beats Miami and Charlotte loses:

If Atlanta loses, Miami beats Detroit, Boston beats Miami, and Charlotte wins:

3 MIA 4. ATL 5. BOS 6. CHA

If Atlanta loses, Miami beats Detroit, Boston beats Miami, and Charlotte loses:

3 MIA 4. ATL 5. BOS 6. CHA

If Atlanta loses, Miami beats Detroit, Miami beats Boston, and Charlotte wins:

3. MIA 4. ATL 5. CHA 6. BOS

If Atlanta loses, Miami beats Detroit, Miami beats Boston, and Charlotte loses:

3. MIA 4. ATL 5. BOS 6. CHA

If Atlanta loses, Miami loses to Detroit, Boston beats Miami, and Charlotte wins:

3. ATL 4. BOS 5. CHA 6. MIA

If Atlanta loses, Miami loses to Detroit, Boston beats Miami and Charlotte loses:

So with Miami's W over DET we could wind up in a 4-5 with ATL if we win tomorrow. Not ideal.

If the Hawks truly are the ones to avoid over Miami the only way we'd avoid ATL with a win is if Atlanta loses @ Washington (who granted are playing hard) AND Boston beats Miami. But if we lose and EITHER ATL loses or Miami wins we get Miami and get the 6 seed.

TANK BABY TANK, and I ain't talking about Frank

Last edited:
Yeah I'd like to play Miami so we could have a repeat of the headband playoff series from the early 00s

I'd also rather play Miami because there's less of a chance that series gets relegated to NBATV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure there's much of a difference between Miami and Atlanta, they're both pretty good, both have been much better in the 2nd half of the season. Boston has the least scary roster, and has cooled off considerably. Doesn't hurt we just saw an easy win in Boston either.

If Atlanta wins, Boston beats Miami, and Hornets beat the Magic it's: 3. Atlanta, 4. Boston 5. Charlotte 6. Miami

Last edited:
I'm not sure there's much of a difference between Miami and Atlanta, they're both pretty good, both have been much better in the 2nd half of the season. Boston has the least scary roster, and has cooled off considerably. Doesn't hurt we just saw an easy win in Boston either.

If Atlanta wins, Boston beats Miami, and Hornets beat the Magic it's: 3. Atlanta, 4. Boston 5. Charlotte 6. Miami

How would we finish ahead of Miami in a 3-way tie scenario there? I thought they held the tiebreaker against us?

At this point, after Miami's win last night, I don't think there is any way the Hornets can end up playing Boston in the 1st round.

How would we finish ahead of Miami in a 3-way tie scenario there? I thought they held the tiebreaker against us?

At this point, after Miami's win last night, I don't think there is any way the Hornets can end up playing Boston in the 1st round.

It's really arcane but if it was just a head to head tie-breaker with Miami, Charlotte would lose. If it was a 4 way tie between Atlanta, Boston, Miami and Charlotte, Charlotte would be 6th.

But in a 3 way tie between Boston, Miami, and Charlotte, in which none of the 3 teams won their division, the tie-breaker is intra-group head to head. Here Boston went 5-2, Hornets went 3-4, and Miami went 2-5.

This is the only way Hornets could play Boston in the 1st round, but all it takes is Atlanta over Washington (likely), Hornets over Magic (likely if they try), and Celts over Miami (coin flip).

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article71506167.html

Last edited:
When would the first game be? If it is a quick turnaround, enough guys have been dinged up lately (Batum, Zeller, Lamb) that I could see Clifford viewing the Boston game as the final tune-up and rolling out a strong Guttierrez/Harrison/Daniels/Hansbrough/Hawes lineup for a good portion of the game.

It's really arcane but if it was just a head to head tie-breaker with Miami, Charlotte would lose. If it was a 4 way tie between Atlanta, Boston, Miami and Charlotte, Charlotte would be 6th.

But in a 3 way tie between Boston, Miami, and Charlotte, in which none of the 3 teams won their division, the tie-breaker is intra-group head to head. Here Boston went 5-2, Hornets went 3-4, and Miami went 2-5.

This is the only way Hornets could play Boston in the 1st round, but all it takes is Atlanta over Washington (likely), Hornets over Magic (likely if they try), and Celts over Miami (coin flip).

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article71506167.html

Good stuff, hadn't seen that article yet. Hoping that scenario comes to light for sure. Would be especially nice to knock the Celtics out of the playoffs after the Sports Guy was completely dismissive of the Hornets chances prior to the season.

Batum not playing tonight after a slight sprain in the Boston game. Zeller is a gametime decision.

Nice find on that scenario FYC. Take care of biz and let the chips fall where they may

Best visualization of scenarios

Cf7xw_FXEAAuThz.jpg

any idea when the first home playoff game would be? thinking about getting tix while they are still cheap but can only attend on certain days.

any idea when the first home playoff game would be? thinking about getting tix while they are still cheap but can only attend on certain days.

As the 5th or 6th seed, it will either be Thurs 4/21, Fri 4/22, or Sat 4/23. Three 1st round Game 3's (which would be the Hornets first playoff game if they don't have home court advantage in the first round) are played Thursday and Friday next week, with the final two being played Saturday 4/23 (this is all assuming they keep the same playoff schedule that they have used for the past 4-5 years).

Last edited:
Hornets and Heat both up 20 in the 1st half. Scores hold and it's a 4 vs 5 I-85 series against the Hawks. Here we come NBATV.

Hornets and Heat both up 20 in the 1st half. Scores hold and it's a 4 vs 5 I-85 series against the Hawks. Here we come NBATV.

Thanks for showing up, Boston.

Is the Hornets game on TV anywhere? I know it was originally scheduled for an ESPN broadcast (which is worthless on the last night of the season, since they will always switch it out for a game with more playoff implications....which is exactly what happened with the Miami/Boston game), but it doesn't look like FSCarolinas picked it up when ESPN dropped it.

Back