• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Stein reporting Hornets will extend Lamb for 3/21 before deadline. Very surprising. Players like that don't usually get extensions between 3rd and 4th year.

zach lowe predicted this might happen in an offseason article

what the hell, 2&2 called him a bright spot, he looked like a rotation player in the games i saw. that's cheap in the new cap world

It is the same story with him going back to UConn. It seems like he could be really good if he ever flipped a switch into attack mode, but he is content to just float along and disappear for long stretches. But I guess you just hope that at some point it clicks with him. Which is more upside than most of the bums they have.

the sched to open the year is brutal, it's not going to get any better. there will be legit reasons to curse this team soon probably.

most people were like, "im done with this team" when they drafted frank. then shouldn't really be raging about losing to a superior team by 2.

I flipped back to this game a few times while watching Redzone and most of the posts were during a particularly bad stretch of basketball. Like shockingly bad my friends actually yelled at me for even turning it there after one brutal possession featuring Hawes. Speaking of Hawes, there is zero reason he should ever touch the floor. He is atrocious. Why even draft frank if you're going to play that bum over him? Same thing as last year when Cliff played Maxiell over Vonleh. Clifford is fucking awful, perfect fit for the franchise

Last edited:
Jeremy Lamb was awesome tonight right on cue for his extension. Great win over the Bulls, first time the preseason offense actually worked.

Yeah, they looked really good last night. The problem is that for them to look good both Hawes and Hairston had to play well, which I think is an anomaly more than a constant.
I like the Lin/Lamb backcourt significantly better than Kemba/Hairston. Frank looked good when in there, I really hope he starts getting some of Hawes' minutes. Batum is just a skinny Boris Diaw - does a bunch of things okay, but nothing really stands out. I would like to see a starting lineup of Kemba, Lamb, Batum, Cody, and Al, but Clifford keeps Hairston and Marvin in the starting 5. I guess to provide some balance when the second unit comes in, but the problem is that the Kemba, Hairston, Batum, Marvin, Al starting lineup has some glaring holes that as we have seen can be exploited by decent teams to get them in big deficits.

They're playing Frank exclusively at the 4 and Hawes exclusively at the 5. I'm not sure why but that's why Frank isn't taking Hawes' minutes. Clifford said he likes starting Hairston over Lamb because Lamb needs the ball in his hands more so he's more effective leading a second unit.

They declined to pick up the 3rd year option for Hairston which is usually automatic since it's only about 1.5 million or so. Now Hairston will be an UFA after the season. Maybe it was a motivation tactic but it means he's likely gone after the year despite starting.

At some point they've got to get a legit wing scorer to offset MKG, and it's not Batum and it's not Hairston, so I'm fine if both of them walk. Hairston has made a career of hijacking offenses, I don't see that changing any time soon. Hopefully Lamb evolves into that lead role, but it would be great to have him as a third/fourth scoring option.

Frank has not rebounded well in traffic and has shown no post game, so I guess that is why Hawes is playing 5. He stinks down low, but he is definitely stronger than Frank at this point. I'm still pissed that they let Biyombo walk.

Floors seats are cool. Sat next to Thomas Davis and got to see Zeller's pool of blood up close and personal.

v4b3mg.jpg

4zvm74.jpg

They're playing Frank exclusively at the 4 and Hawes exclusively at the 5. I'm not sure why but that's why Frank isn't taking Hawes' minutes. Clifford said he likes starting Hairston over Lamb because Lamb needs the ball in his hands more so he's more effective leading a second unit.

They declined to pick up the 3rd year option for Hairston which is usually automatic since it's only about 1.5 million or so. Now Hairston will be an UFA after the season. Maybe it was a motivation tactic but it means he's likely gone after the year despite starting.

Jeremy Lamb is our Manu Ginobili

Is Bz younger than frank?

Google tells me that biz is one year older than Frank. Horncats should have drafted Winslow #hottake. Someone on the radio was raving about how Winslow as a rookie is arguably the piece that makes the Heat go right now.

Al Jefferson is raping the Mavericks. Up 20 late in the 4th in Dallas. Nice Hornets!

btw Noah Vonleh is having an absolutely awful start to his soph season with more minutes. he has the rare negative PER right now while getting 15 mpg:

2echzsl.jpg

ESPN hasn't changed the orange background on the player pages for the Hornets yet.

Good game last night, Al definitely played well. Lamb is the best player on this team, I would really like to see him in the starting lineup.

Hawes continues to suck. Brian Roberts got some inexplicable minutes last night while Aaron Harrison remained inactive. For 5 minutes a game, why not activate Harrison to see if he has some promise? We already know that Roberts blows.

Good game last night, Al definitely played well. Lamb is the best player on this team, I would really like to see him in the starting lineup.

Hawes continues to suck. Brian Roberts got some inexplicable minutes last night while Aaron Harrison remained inactive. For 5 minutes a game, why not activate Harrison to see if he has some promise? We already know that Roberts blows.

Al is the best player on this team.

I would disagree. Al is really good against certain teams who have no traditional post defense, but he also disappears and is largely ineffective against other teams. Plus he blows defensively himself, other than raking a steal once in a while. I think we'll see that Lamb is consistent against everyone on both sides of the floor. So silky.

criticizing Al for inconsistency while declaring that Lamb will be consistent is interesting

Back