• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Oh, and Kaminsky's PER is 11.22 (15th among rookies)

I'd rather have Winslow getting the minutes PJ is getting without a doubt. Also would still rather have him than Frank. I just meant for this season they've put together a pretty decent team so far it must be said

Last edited:
I agree that Big Al's absence hasn't hurt the Hornets at all, but to be fair they were playing well before he went down too. The 4 out/1 in with Big Al in was really effective offensively, and Clifford does well scheming for his defensive issues.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next year since the is the last year of Big Al's deal, and Cody has actually done well at center.

Def tuning in for Arlington's triumphant return to the thread

I don't think the Hornets want him gone. He has 6 months left on his contract, they had already been limiting his minutes but there are still games when he destroys a matchup like against the Mavs this year. And no one would give up anything to rent him because you can't just stick him in an offense, doubtful anyone really cares about weed.

there's a very small chance Zeller's run continues. 99% of his career so far he's looked like a rotation high energy guy and nothing more. Big Al's gonna be important imo. i don't really get all the h8rade

I didn't think he could effectively play C but Cody actually looks better at C than he did at PF. He's played Gasol, Drummond, and Whiteside since being put into the starting C spot and it's the best bball stretch I think he's had. He's really quick for a 5 so he gets a lot of transition buckets, he's great at defending the 1/5 high pNr the entire league runs, and he's held his own on the individual match-ups.

I wonder if they might see him there permanently next year as it seems they should let Big Al walk.

watching him game to game is bewildering. He'll go and viciously dunk on someone one play then the next 5 times he's at the rim throw it wildly off the backboard

Can some explain why Hairston and his 1-5 shooting nights starts? I realize MKG is hurt.

It's a token start, he doesn't play that many minutes a night. I think Clifford genuinely likes PJ's defense though and he likes bringing Lamb off the bench so he can have a higher usage when he's in and play a Batum-lite role.

Fantastic road win last night, they kicked the shit out of Memphis after being down by 14 in the 1st quarter. Cody really frustrated scumbag Randolph for most of the game and made him run the full court. Kemba played really well, and Frank seems to be getting much more comfortable on defense and rebounding to go along with his shooting. It really seems like it is a different person every night with this team, but everyone is at least solid. Even Hawes is playing better, though he still forces a few ridiculous wtf shots each game that should never be attempted.

I could not believe that final score after watching the first quarter. Get it done, Hornets.

Costly loss tonight. Gotta put away a conference opponent at home after they had a 2OT game last night.

That was a really bad loss last night. It was easily the worst they have looked this season at home, nobody could throw it in the ocean. Lamb especially played like dogshit. And Batum's shot to tie it at the end was horrifically bad. 6 seconds left, out of a time out, and to launch a 3 five feet behind the arc? And why was Hawes the trigger man on that OOB play again in an end of game scenario needing a 3? If they want the height on the pass let Frank (who wasn't even on the floor) do it so if they don't guard the inbounds he can get an immediate pass back for the shot.

The Hornets were playing on a b2b as well, both teams got into Charlotte at like 2 AM. Both teams played like shit except for like half the 3rd quarter where the Celtics caught fire from 3.

Back