• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

criticizing Al for inconsistency while declaring that Lamb will be consistent is interesting

Par for the course. I hope Lamb continues to play like someone not named Jeremy Lamb during his entire stint in the QC, but I'm not holding my breath.

2 out of 3 on a Western Conference road trip is definitely a positive sign. As expected, MY BOI JLamb is leading the charge, while DF07's GOAT Big Al is struggling to keep up.
And no sign of Arlington to defend Mehtum since the season began.
But in all seriousness it is good to see a pretty well-balanced attack with everyone (sans the bum Hawes) generally contributing on a regular basis. Kemba, Cody, and Lin are all playing relatively well. Frank needs more touches.

beat the knicks tonight and we're at .500. I'll be okay with that.

Yo Arlington, Batum had a great game. Clifford also drew up a Cody lay-up for the game winner.

I think the second unit is better than the first. Lin was on fire last night and played great on-ball defense.

Did anyone listen to the latest Bill Simmons podcast. Apparently we could have the Nets top 5 pick for next year but HAD to have Frank who we don't even play. We could still be chasing the 8 seed with the exact team that we have right now but with a top 5 pick on the way.

Did anyone listen to the latest Bill Simmons podcast. Apparently we could have the Nets top 5 pick for next year but HAD to have Frank who we don't even play. We could still be chasing the 8 seed with the exact team that we have right now but with a top 5 pick on the way.

Are we sure that the Net's pick was part of that trade? I don't remember that being part of the story. I think it was all of the picks they may have had besides that one.

Either way, early on it's not looking like the best use of #assets

I think the second unit is better than the first. Lin was on fire last night and played great on-ball defense.

They were, brought them back from down 8 plus twice that I noticed.

I'm getting to the point where just looking at Spencer Hawes makes me angry.

They were, brought them back from down 8 plus twice that I noticed.

I'm getting to the point where just looking at Spencer Hawes makes me angry.

Agree. He's garbage. I understand that they want to play Frank at the 4 but having Hawes out there instead of Frank seems useless and counterproductive for the team growing and improving.

Frank actually played some good D on the Knicks big Euro for a few minutes. Then of course he never saw the floor after that. Hawes is so fucking infuriating. Hijacking the offense for his jumpers that everyone knows aren't going in, and then that ridiculous telegraphed pass at the end of the game against the 5 sec clock that got picked off and luckily bailed out by a foul. Why he is the trigger man for end of game out of bounds plays I have no clue.

Frank actually played some good D on the Knicks big Euro for a few minutes. Then of course he never saw the floor after that. Hawes is so fucking infuriating. Hijacking the offense for his jumpers that everyone knows aren't going in, and then that ridiculous telegraphed pass at the end of the game against the 5 sec clock that got picked off and luckily bailed out by a foul. Why he is the trigger man for end of game out of bounds plays I have no clue.

Was saying the same thing to my buddy watching the game last night. No clue why Batum wasn't the inbounder with him coming inbounds and cutting towards the bucket after the initial pass. Glad it worked out but awful pass by Hawes.

I don't think the Nets pick was offered - Ainge wouldn't offer that. Turning down 4 picks may have been the wrong decision, but I imagine they weren't projected to be stellar picks.

They offered one of the Nets unprotected picks, but not the 2016 one. I think '18 was offered.

In the package was also #15 and #16 picks in this past draft.

right. I always thought that the haul of picks was all tens and twenties.

Every time I see Frank's stupid face it pisses me off. What a terrible pick.

I don't think he was a bad pick in a vacuum, I had talked myself into taking him at that spot. He has shown flashes of being decent but gets virtually no PT other than about 5 minutes towards end of the first half. However, Winslow being still available when it came time to pick, and picking Frank anyway, made him a fucking awful pick.

Back