• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

2&2 Slider To Leyritz

Reaction score
Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

The season begins tomorrow, and all signs point to this team sucking ass. But I'll be at most of the home games because what the hell.

Kaminsky has looked good in the preseason and I think Lamb will be solid. We'll see if Arlington is right about Batum being more of a lead dog with the opportunity. We know who Kemba and Al are at this point in their careers. MKG being out is a killer. Hansbrough is a goon who will average more fouls than points.

Last edited:
Simmons on his podcast Friday was adamant that this team will have no shot at hitting their Vegas over-under of 33 games, which is sort of depressing. Oh well, the bottom of the East is wide open, so maybe a miracle can happen.

This team is in NBA no man's land: too crappy to contend, but has too much talent to completely bomb out and maybe get lucky with a high lottery pick. I don't know if I agree with Simmons as they could come together if certain players step up, but really their ceiling is 7th/8th in the East, and who cares about that?

What this team really needs is someone to uncover the BS that went down with the lottery a few years ago when the NBA awarded the #1 pick to itself, so afterwards the damages that will have to be paid to the Hornets is New Orleans has to give up Anthony Davis.

I think with MKG they would have hit that number, but now it will be tough. The Jefferson-Kaminsky-Zeller-Hawes-Hansbrough post rotation is just really poorly conceived and obviously way too white. The only hope is that Frank somehow becomes a very poor man's Dirk, which I don't think anyone sees happening.

To have any relative success, they are basically banking on two as-of-yet career role players in Batum and Lamb playing like A-/B+ level players.

With Batum's usage rate going up I expect a pretty big year since it is also a contract year for him.

Off-topic (ALREADY), but the 2017 FA class is shaping up to be absolutely ridiculously deep.

Simmons on his podcast Friday was adamant that this team will have no shot at hitting their Vegas over-under of 33 games, which is sort of depressing. Oh well, the bottom of the East is wide open, so maybe a miracle can happen.

I disagree. I think as an extreme defensively minded team we can exceed 33 wins. Doesn't really matter in the long run because we have so many young players and MKG are out, but I certainly think we can hit the over there.

Yeah but will the previously-mentioned post lineup be able to be an extremely defensive minded team? Jefferson blows, Hawes blows, Frank has never been a defensive stalwart, Hansbrough simply fouls people, and no MKG to rotate over to help. Zeller is the only known serviceable post defender, and he is just kind of okay. Letting Biyombo walk torpedoed that strategy.

But they will have a D League team in Greensboro next year!!!!! My one and only post on this thread

It's going to be interesting to see if the free wheeling offense from the preseason carries over into the regular season. I trust Clifford to handle the defense, and if the offense is at least average, they can challenge for the 8 seed.

My only worry is that MJ gets fed up and makes a panic move, trading off the future for a win-now contract-year vet. I don't think Cho would do it, he's kept the future books clean, but he might have to if MJ pushes him.

It's going to be interesting to see if the free wheeling offense from the preseason carries over into the regular season. I trust Clifford to handle the defense, and if the offense is at least average, they can challenge for the 8 seed.

My only worry is that MJ gets fed up and makes a panic move, trading off the future for a win-now contract-year vet. I don't think Cho would do it, he's kept the future books clean, but he might have to if MJ pushes him.

They just did that like 3 months ago.

Really hope the Hornets keep chucking 3s tonight like they did in preseason.

Yeah, Winslow was +26 for Miami last night. That was...unfortunate.

why did Kaminsky play only 6 minutes? Injured or just bad?

Clifford hates playing rookies. See: Vonleh, Noah. I thought that was mitigated by drafting the oldest rookie but I guess not.

Honestly the Hornets played pretty bad, they shot the ball terribly. Winslow back to back had a 3 and that dunk that sparked their big run, hence the +26, but he didn't really have a great game.

Why the fuck was Hairston in the starting lineup, or really on the floor at all? He is one of the worst NBA players I have ever seen. Lin looked halfway decent at least.

Back