• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Kemba has been playing well of late, but just really short handed. It will be great to see MKG back tonight, hopefully he can provide a spark. Only 4 home games in all of February, and they are all within 6 days of each other. Really need to start piling up some road wins if they want to make a playoff push.

I know the Lakers suck, but MKG was insane last night. The team looks completely different when he is on the floor. I was worried that the shoulder injury would regress the improvement on his jumper, but he has been draining them. He gives them the rebounding they need form the wing with Marvin and Frank at the 4 hanging around outside, and their shooting gives him lanes to the basket. If they can get Zeller and Al back to get out of the Hawes/Hansbrough rotation at the 5, then maybe they can make a push. So many damn injuries on this team.

I know the Lakers suck, but MKG was insane last night. The team looks completely different when he is on the floor. I was worried that the shoulder injury would regress the improvement on his jumper, but he has been draining them. He gives them the rebounding they need form the wing with Marvin and Frank at the 4 hanging around outside, and their shooting gives him lanes to the basket. If they can get Zeller and Al back to get out of the Hawes/Hansbrough rotation at the 5, then maybe they can make a push. So many damn injuries on this team.

They just can't win on the road with any consistency.

MKG did not attempt a three pointer in 55 games played last year and had only gone 3/18 from three in 3 seasons.

He went 2/2 from three in his 2nd game back from injury last night.

::willynilly:: Picked up MKG off the waiver wire in my keeper league with RSF, Tenacious Kory, and Townie.

Not sure if anyone else caught this in last night's game, but Jordan Clarkson dove for a ball going into the seats and Eric Collins said "Jordan Collins almost came in my lap", the camera zoomed in on him because that's where the ball went, and then he realized what he said and didn't know what to do. I found this clip of it online, but I actually got a better clip on my phone that I videoed off the TV because I could not stop laughing at his reaction.

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/288260ED931305792328677892096_56aed8e0af6289cf2fe8 3d6.mp4?versionId=G.N1xwDycmhZnbhl4yTqC9QGuoGK59K4[/video]

great win against the cavs with kemba sitting out with a sore knee. lin/mkg/frank played really well.

mkg has been so good this fresh off the injury.

Excellent win tonight. And impressive composure, especially without Kemba, after the league phoned in to let the refs know the Cavs should win tonight

Excellent win tonight. And impressive composure, especially without Kemba, after the league phoned in to let the refs know the Cavs should win tonight

Haha, I particularly liked the play where he lowered his shoulder into Zeller, bowled him over, and just walked in for a dunk after Zeller gets knocked back 10 feet. Huge win without Walker, need to sweep these next few home games and climb back into the top 8 before going back out on the road for the rest of the month. Schedule in March is home-heavy, so should be able to make some noise that month. Really want to see some playoff basketball back at the Hive this spring.

Agreed. MKG has been a beast since coming back. Frank ate Kevin Love's lunch on both sides of the floor last night, really strong performance.
Putting aside the Vonleh/Mehtum component, in a hindsight vacuum was Frank a better pick than Winslow?

Winslow's still only 19 right? Frank had a garbage January. Frank definitely more ready though as they wanted. I think he'll be solid.

I love watching Batum play.

This is the second straight season with a crap ton of injuries

Batum and MKG should be awesome together

The loss to the Heat last night was a complete kick in the nuts. They played well enough to win and then literally fumbled it away in the last seconds. They are a completely different defensive team with MKG and Zeller out there.

Now that the Panthers have kicked everyone in their collective nuts, on to the Hornets. Really strong comeback against the Bullets on Saturday, were down 19 at one point and came back to win. Tonight is a tough one against the Bulls (though I assume Butler isn't playing), but this is the last home game of the month and they need as many as possible before a long road trip if they want to have any shot at the playoffs.

Hornets were able to give a small, tiny pick up to Charlotte tonight with a w over the Bulls. I don't live here, but had the pleasure of having to come to Charlotte for work the day after a crushing sb loss. Went to tonight's game and was pissed to find out Derrick rose was apparently ruled out just before the game. Jimmy Butler was out too, ugh.

MKG is playing fantastic, and everyone else (especially Kemba) seems to be feeding off him. If they can stay healthy they should be able to start racking up some road wins and make a really strong playoff push.

Back