• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Former Deac Ross Atkins named the general manager/VP of baseball ops for Blue Jays.

Ross Atkins was on MLB TV with Chris Russo at the end of last week, and talked up his Wake Forest connection. Didn't not know that Atkins' uncle is Dave Odom. Atkins mentioned that he attended WF at the same time as Tim Duncan.

Not sure I really like the Miley for Carson Smith swap. That means Joe Kelly is in the rotation and I think we'd be better off with Miley as the 5th starter and Kelly in the pen then the current setup. I don't trust Kelly as a starter but think he can be a lights out reliever.

Not sure I really like the Miley for Carson Smith swap. That means Joe Kelly is in the rotation and I think we'd be better off with Miley as the 5th starter and Kelly in the pen then the current setup. I don't trust Kelly as a starter but think he can be a lights out reliever.

After doing some research on Carson Smith I might be an idiot.

Goddamnit Aroldis. Not only did he completely torpedo his trade value, but he did it with a goddamn domestic violence dispute where he fired 8 shots in his house. The Reds will be lucky to get a bucket of balls for him now.

Goddamnit Aroldis. Not only did he completely torpedo his trade value, but he did it with a goddamn domestic violence dispute where he fired 8 shots in his house. The Reds will be lucky to get a bucket of balls for him now.

Value of Zach Britton just went up!

Heyman's got news, kinda:

The Bryant/Franco time grievances might become a big factor in the next round of bargaining (which I think is after next season, no?).

Looks like the Barves may have held onto Shelby too long. Dbacks & Cubs reportedly out, now.

After doing some research on Carson Smith I might be an idiot.

Carson was pretty good down the stretch as the Seattle set-up man. He flamed out as the closer. I won't be surprised to see Elias make the rotation at some point during the season. He can be very good and has games where he will shut a team down. Then one start later get torched. There were a lot of unhappy M's fans over the trade. Carson being the biggest reason.

Cubs working on a trade and then FA signing. Most think it is shipping Starwin off to the Yanks and signing Zobrist. I would be ok with that. I would prefer if it is moving Hammel and signing Kazmir.

Basically, I just like people that at one time were Devil Rays.

Trolling Jon Heyman is the best.

Also, Zo gets 3 year no-trade clause. 4/$56 is a good contract - and if we do get rid of Starwin, the contracts are basically a wash.

Trolling Jon Heyman is the best.

Also, Zo gets 3 year no-trade clause. 4/$56 is a good contract - and if we do get rid of Starwin, the contracts are basically a wash.

Contract is $10 year 1, $16 years 2-3 and $12 year 4 with a $2 signing bonus. Not bad.

And the other shoe

Reports are Adam Warren is coming back from the Yanks - because the Cubs can never have enough bullpen and long relievers. I think they are going to try an 8 man rotation this year.

Cubs working on a trade and then FA signing. Most think it is shipping Starwin off to the Yanks and signing Zobrist. I would be ok with that. I would prefer if it is moving Hammel and signing Kazmir.

Basically, I just like people that at one time were Devil Rays.

this guy is very available
6a01310f9ede0b970c014e87359433970d-pi

Shelby Miller to the DBacks - LaRussa and Stewart are going for broke this year

Back