• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

He's a 4th OF because he has a completely empty slash line. He's an elite defender and a bad hitter, aside from low strikeout rate.

wRC+ puts him right at league average. If he could improve on his walks, he would definitely be above league average, no? His babip doesn't seem to be abnormally high as he's had a pretty good babip both years (if league average is around .300).

Last edited:
pitching prospect sounds pretty good. i'd guess a top 50ish near-mlb ready, a back-end starter, and a good of prospect is a nice return. if that's the frame-work for a boxberger or mcgee trade i'd probably be be in favor. i really think this rays team next year will be good, though, so it might be nice to have those top rp arms. not sure how many years of elite longo we have, so i want to taker advantage of any potential playoff runs we might have.

Asdrubal Cabrera signed by the Mets. Also, GOATolo likely to return.

any of you nerds know if justin wilson is good?

He'll be a decent setup man for the Tigers and fills a gaping hole on the roster (the lack of a power lefty in the bullpen). 3.10 ERA, 1.131 WHIP, and 3.30 SO/W in 2015. He's not a bad pickup, plus he's under Tiger control for the next three seasons. I don't know what the rest of his contract looks like, but he made $556k last season so the price seems good what they're getting. This is contingent on him maintaining his 2015-levels of production. In 2014 his WAR was -.04 and then jumped back up to 1.4 in 2015.

pitching prospect sounds pretty good. i'd guess a top 50ish near-mlb ready, a back-end starter, and a good of prospect is a nice return. if that's the frame-work for a boxberger or mcgee trade i'd probably be be in favor. i really think this rays team next year will be good, though, so it might be nice to have those top rp arms. not sure how many years of elite longo we have, so i want to taker advantage of any potential playoff runs we might have.

Throw in the Astros 2015 2nd round pick. I'm happy with the return, but man, there are so few reasons to watch this team. Now I'm down to Maikel and... hm. Odubel Herrera? Is Tyler Goeddel entertaining?

Throw in the Astros 2015 2nd round pick. I'm happy with the return, but man, there are so few reasons to watch this team. Now I'm down to Maikel and... hm. Odubel Herrera? Is Tyler Goeddel entertaining?

Aaron Nola every 5th day

I was thinking about this last night. Are there any prospects expected to debut who appear to be in the long term plans?

I was thinking about this last night. Are there any prospects expected to debut who appear to be in the long term plans?

JP Crawford may be up by the end of the year. Jake Thompson and Nick Williams too (from the Hamels trade).

Is Davis really gonna get a better offer than the one from the O's?

Cubs & Cards are being reported by everyone as the players on Heyward. I'm not sold on paying him $200 to play CF, you lose a lot of his defensive value - would see this if Cubs are also still looking to move Soler for a pitcher, which would require a Hammel trade too - lot of work and money.

Cubs & Cards are being reported by everyone as the players on Heyward. I'm not sold on paying him $200 to play CF, you lose a lot of his defensive value - would see this if Cubs are also still looking to move Soler for a pitcher, which would require a Hammel trade too - lot of work and money.

I don't like this either. There were a lot of Mets fans yelling for Heyward but we would have been in the same spot with him having to play center. Don't like for that type of money on him.

JP Crawford may be up by the end of the year. Jake Thompson and Nick Williams too (from the Hamels trade).

Yeah, no one's knocking down the door, but there could be some late season / emergency call ups. Roman Quinn maybe since he's already on the 40 man roster.

Any good prospects expected to debut for the Braves? Is Max Fried expected to start the season on time?

Heck, throw that out to everyone. Anyone you're excited to see debut in 2016? Tell me about your prospects.

He isn't really a 4th OF though. 132 games, 5.3 bWAR, 3.3 fWAR. Those are really, really good numbers.

Chris Coghlan had a 3.3 fWAR last year as the Cubs 4th OF - I would not say really really good numbers, but his defense plays really well.

Yeah, no one's knocking down the door, but there could be some late season / emergency call ups. Roman Quinn maybe since he's already on the 40 man roster.

Any good prospects expected to debut for the Braves? Is Max Fried expected to start the season on time?

Heck, throw that out to everyone. Anyone you're excited to see debut in 2016? Tell me about your prospects.
Braves fans have a little more reason to tune in next year. We get to see just how bad the Alex Wood trade was with a full season of Olivera (recently kicked off his Winter League team). Rotation hasn't come in to full focus but Teheran, Wisler, and Foltynewicz should be guaranteed jobs. Hoping for a Teheran bounce back and steps forward for last year's rookie starters. Recently acquired SP Blair could be an opening day option but they should play service clock games with him. SP Tyrell Jenkins should debut at some point and maybe SPs Lucas Sims and John Gant depending on health/effectiveness. I think OF Mallex Smith is the only position guy to be called up. He brings speed and on-base ability but questionable defense in center.

Not sure where Fried will start but I know he has been throwing in the offseason. Blair is the only top 5 system guy who will debut unless Newcomb really improves his command.

Last edited:

Angels coming on strong likely to pull an Angels and give him 10/$225 or something dumb.

Is Davis really gonna get a better offer than the one from the O's?

The teams that would normally overpay for power - Tigs, Angels, Yanks, Sawx - are all out based on budget or position need, so I doubt it. That leaves the Mariners as the only option for bigger money, but I don't see it. I also can't imagine an NL team giving him that kind of money, unless the Cards get weird.

Back