• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Only real Cubs prospect that could make a debut next year is Willson Contreras, who will guarantee to be brought up if we trade Miggy Montero. Contreras is a decent defender and just had a monster offensive year at AA. He will likely be the Catcher of the future, not Schwarber.

All the other guys are at least a year away - Gleyber Torres is a stud, gap hitter with speed, great defender, will start at high A as a 19 year old next year, but he's blocked at MIF. Ian Happ will be fun as a 2B/CF - decent bat, good speed, good plate discipline - will challenge for our CF role by 2017 at the latest. Albert Almora was Theos first draft pick, he has struggled to hit at every level, but is Kiermaier-esque in CF - will start 2016 as the starting CF in AAA and if he can hit, could actually make it up to the bigs next year as a 5th OF. Billy McKinney is the other piece in the Shark/Addison Russell trade, he is a average to poor defender in COF, but he has great plate discipline with gap power - will be 21 starting in AA most likely next year.

Last edited:
The Nationals and Angels are the mystery teams on JHey and he supposedly has at least one $200+ contract on the table.

Speaking of the nationals, what happened the nationals guy who used to post on here?

The Nationals and Angels are the mystery teams on JHey and he supposedly has at least one $200+ contract on the table.

Speaking of the nationals, what happened the nationals guy who used to post on here?

skinsndeacs?

i think he was just a big matt williams MOY guy.

Predictably, Tom Boswell of the Wash Post has called out Baker for being politically incorrect. The drumbeat begins.

It was brilliant. Dusty's the man. They need to give him at least 7 years to put his stamp on things.

Yeah, no one's knocking down the door, but there could be some late season / emergency call ups. Roman Quinn maybe since he's already on the 40 man roster.

Any good prospects expected to debut for the Braves? Is Max Fried expected to start the season on time?

Heck, throw that out to everyone. Anyone you're excited to see debut in 2016? Tell me about your prospects.

BLAKE. SNELL.

Blake seems like a stud. Made his way to AAA last year, and I'm REALLY hoping he's the first arm we see crack the rotation in the case of injury/ineffectiveness.

Looks like we may swing out to Phoenix in early March for Spring Training. Any teams/stadiums we should be sure to hit? Probably out there for 5 days.

Looks like we may swing out to Phoenix in early March for Spring Training. Any teams/stadiums we should be sure to hit? Probably out there for 5 days.

I've never been out there for spring training, but the folks I know who have all rave about Camelback Ranch and Salt River Fields. I've heard really good things about Tempe Diablo as well.

BLAKE. SNELL.

Blake seems like a stud. Made his way to AAA last year, and I'm REALLY hoping he's the first arm we see crack the rotation in the case of injury/ineffectiveness.

A dude named Blake Snell strikes out 30% of the batters he faces? This guy?

605483.jpg

GTFO.

I get that it's a sell-high situation, but the Nats' trade of Escobar seems short-sighted with the injury history of their IF (and the fact that Espinosa has a career OPS under .700). Unless they're planning on making a move...

pitching prospect sounds pretty good. i'd guess a top 50ish near-mlb ready, a back-end starter, and a good of prospect is a nice return. if that's the frame-work for a boxberger or mcgee trade i'd probably be be in favor. i really think this rays team next year will be good, though, so it might be nice to have those top rp arms. not sure how many years of elite longo we have, so i want to taker advantage of any potential playoff runs we might have.

Cubs and Rays still talking - hoping its a Baez for McGee/Moore - I think Moore can really be a stud under Bosio, he has all the tools, just hope they are still there after the TJ. Would also be ok with Baez+ for McGee/Odorizzi.

Yeah, no one's knocking down the door, but there could be some late season / emergency call ups. Roman Quinn maybe since he's already on the 40 man roster.

Any good prospects expected to debut for the Braves? Is Max Fried expected to start the season on time?

Heck, throw that out to everyone. Anyone you're excited to see debut in 2016? Tell me about your prospects.

For the Stros, AJ Reed and Francis Martes are two guys that should crack the 40-man lineup next year.

It's probably guaranteed that AJ Reed plays 1B after the Super 2 deadline, assuming he handles AAA and Jon Singleton doesn't put all the pieces together.

Francis Martes is a 19 y/o that flew through the system last year after coming over as a "throw in" in the Jarred Cosart trade. By the end of the season he was dominating AA ball. All the internet scouts rave about him, and he could probably help a major league bullpen right now.

Cubs and Rays still talking - hoping its a Baez for McGee/Moore - I think Moore can really be a stud under Bosio, he has all the tools, just hope they are still there after the TJ. Would also be ok with Baez+ for McGee/Odorizzi.

i'd cry if we did that. i don't want baez.

Back