• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

A dude named Blake Snell strikes out 30% of the batters he faces? This guy?

605483.jpg

GTFO.

STUDTOWN

but we do have Kiermaier to make up for it.

Val4.0.png

@BestFansStLouis doin' work.

So Heyward chose the Cubs over a larger offer from the Nats? Or is it a situation where the Cubs offered a lower total $ but a higher AAV?

dadeacs cries poor

Trading away Castro helped - added Lackey/Heyward/Zo for $45 million, got rid of Castros $10 million - that $35 million is only slightly above where they thought they said they wanted to be.

Now, I would assume they are going to trade Hammel or maybe Montero too to free up another $10ish million and then it is right where it was projected.

@BestFansStLouis doin' work.

So Heyward chose the Cubs over a larger offer from the Nats? Or is it a situation where the Cubs offered a lower total $ but a higher AAV?

one would assume this.

Trading away Castro helped - added Lackey/Heyward/Zo for $45 million, got rid of Castros $10 million - that $35 million is only slightly above where they thought they said they wanted to be.

Now, I would assume they are going to trade Hammel or maybe Montero too to free up another $10ish million and then it is right where it was projected.

Also, total AAV for all 3 minus castro is only $4 million more than Price got on his own - and my point was Price would have eaten up almost all of the available money they said they had to spend, and had too many holes to fill.

My favorite retweet from @BestFansStLouis so far, but so many to choose from...

Cubs went eight years. I bet the Nats offered the Rizzo special where half of the money is deferred until after he's no longer the GM.

Gordon Wittenmyer is reporting its likely 8 years and less than $185 - granted he broke the signing, but have to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
He got two opt-outs, first is after 3 years - probably means it is front loaded.

Also, Jed Hoyer has a twitter page, he claims he knows who set it up, but has no intention of ever using it. It has one post:

Last edited:

I love the thought of the @BestFansStLouis person sitting at their desk at work getting ZERO done because they're furiously combing the internet for dumb STL fans to retweet. It's the best.

I have to learn to like Heyward now? Yuck.

Would of rather just kept Soler.

As of now, the plan is to play Heyward in CF - they are actively shopping for another SP, with the idea that Hammel goes in another trade. To get another SP, they will have to give up some piece, whether its Baez or Soler or Almora or McKinney or whoever.

The great thing is, they can play fine with the team they have, use Zo and Baez as super subs and likely get each of them at least 130+ games.

I would guess someone gets moved, but not sure who - they have 7 starters right now that have been told they will have a chance to compete (Arrieta/Lester/Lackey/Hammel/Hendricks/Warren/Cahill), Hammel has to go if they do pick up another SP, then its just a matter of Hendricks/Warren/Cahill fighting over the 5 spot.

Back