• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

The Heyward contract is odd, but a great setup for the Cubs, they more or less get him on a 3/$58 with his $20 million signing bonus deferred until 2024.

So, the Cubs have signed Lackey, Zo and Heyward and their payroll for this year went up by $32 million after taking out Castro. Thats pretty solid.

A three team deal between the Reds/Dodgers/White Sox is going on right now.

Todd Frazier is going to the Sox, Frankie Montas to the Dodgers so far. Gotta imagine something good is going to the Reds.

White Sox get Frazier
Dodgers get Frankie Montas, Micah Johnson, Trayce Thompson
Reds get Jose Peraza, Scott Schebler, Brandon Dixon

Thats an interesting group and a decent haul for two years of Frazier.

So, serious proposal for you Cubbies:

Fish send Jose and Ozua to Chicago; Cubs send Baez, Soler, and Rizzo.

I know including Rizzo hurts, but you can slide Schwarber to first and cover put Almora/Coghlan in LF. Or sign a FA to cover the OF spot. Or put Vogelbach at first (probably not ready). Or try Alcantara at third and move Bryant to first. Anyway, the point is, you can cover the loss of Rizzo, you gain Ozuna to cover CF and add 25+ HR and get an ace for the rotation. Miami gets rid of Jose (I hate our ownership so much), plus they 2 young players and an already established player. Seems like a fair trade to me, both teams give up more than they'd like, but also get better over the long haul. Or am I just crazy?

Crazy seems the most accurate response.

Don't know any of the players except Frazier and Peraza but seems like a bad return for Cincinnati.

Are there any Nats fans left on here? The Escobar trade would make even less sense if they made this kind of move.

Generally agree as one of the key reasons to trade Escobar is that they wanted to get more left-handed as the Nats' lineup is dominated by right-handed bats (and Escobar makes about half of what Phillps does). That said, Escobar's defense has regressed to the point where he was a huge liability in the field. Phillips is not as strong defensively as he was a few years ago, but he would still be a big defensive upgrade over Escobar. Would think that the Nats only make the trade if the Reds eat some of the $27 million owed Phillips over the next two years, or if the Reds agree to take Papelbon and the $11 million owed to him next year.

The Braves wanted Jorge Soler and Willson Contreras for Shelby Miller and the Cubs said no - I bet they would have included him for Inciarte, Blair and Swanson. Not sure what would have been done with Swanson, but whatever.

yeah i cringed when i saw that. odor is sneakily a great asset. would love to lock in an arch/odor/snell top 3. but matt moore shows what can happen when you dream.

Phillips to the Nats has been agreed upon by teams, waiting on BP to agree to the trade.

Your boy DaDave Cameron proposed a Seager-Archer swap.

It doesnt really make any sense, not that upgrading a position isn't valuable, but they basically just traded away Karns for a SS.

I would still like to see the Cubs grab Moore/McGee for something - or Odorizzi, but not sure the price to get him would be worth it.

agreed. considering the rays have 2 likely top 100 ss at aa and aaa along with miller who they just traded for, franklin, and beckham. so much ss depth. granted seager projects better thana ny of the others, but it doesn't make sense.

Back