• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Report: David Ortiz retiring after 2016 season

Another year of retirement parties.

Report: Jose Fernandez is on Trade Block

Celebrate.gif

... that went down a direction I was not expecting.

Anyone else watching these manager of the year announcements on MLB network? Its awkward that they have them all on camera or phone and none of them seem to really want to be there. When did this live announcement thing start?

Anyone else watching these manager of the year announcements on MLB network? Its awkward that they have them all on camera or phone and none of them seem to really want to be there. When did this live announcement thing start?

Feels like with the announcement stuff and the god awful morning show they have during the season, that MLBN must've hired some consultant that is feeding them these terrible ideas. The draft is cool, but dragging out these awards into an hour-long show is just silly.

Feels like with the announcement stuff and the god awful morning show they have during the season, that MLBN must've hired some consultant that is feeding them these terrible ideas. The draft is cool, but dragging out these awards into an hour-long show is just silly.

Not a fan of that fuckface billy ripken

The Miami Marlins clubhouse was a circus, literally

hahaha.

The Marlins are throwing Jose Fernandez under the bus, he's definitely getting traded.

Report out that the Cubs and Yanks have talked about swapping Gardner for Castro - have to assume something else of value would be coming from the Cubs in this deal

a lot of smoke about the rays trading boxberger or mcgee but with that many late inning rps available i'd rather they hold them. a back-end of mcgee, boxy, and colome is pretty nice.

Roberts always seemed like one of those guys destined to manage. Might be a decent move for the Dodgers.

Wasn't Raul Ibanez in the running for the Rays' job last year? I wonder if he gets another look anytime soon.

Roberts always seemed like one of those guys destined to manage. Might be a decent move for the Dodgers.

Wasn't Raul Ibanez in the running for the Rays' job last year? I wonder if he gets another look anytime soon.

How long before Mark Kotsay gets a job?

Papelbon and Storen are likely to be moved, sources say. The Nationals reportedly are interested in free-agent reliever Darren O’Day — his wife, Elizabeth Prann, is a reporter for FOX News Channel in Washington, D.C. — and talk persists within the industry that the Nats are one of the clubs trying to land Reds closer Aroldis Chapman.

Link

I get that they want Papelbon off the team (and I don't blame them), but that seems like selling low on both guys, then buying high on Chapman.

Hm, just realized that Storen is due a raise on a $5.7MM salary.

Poor Jed Lowrie. The Astros traded him to the A's again.

Man, just saw Allen Webster was DFA'd - I remember a few years ago he was almost an untouchable in the Dodgers system when the Cubs were looking to trade Dumpster and Garza, and then ended up being the key piece in the trade for AGon, Crawford and Beckett from the Sawx.

Crazy.

Back