• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Thats a great haul for Clevenger, I mean, I know he had a 1.000 fielding percentage, but he is not good - and Trumbo is a defensive liability, but he can still hit well.

Salary dump for the M's. They could have offered the M's a six pack of Natty Boh and a bag of crab chips to get the deal done. Watching Trumbo play the outfield in Safeco was scary.

DaDeacs when we gonna sign somebodyyyyy?

WE NEED ARMS

We've shored up the pen already - Cubs have $30 million total to spend this offseason, so they have to use it wisely, and they aren't signing Greinke. My guess is they are actively shopping for a cheap controllable arm and they will also likely spend on a midtier SP like Leake, Kazmir, Shark or Chen - rumors that Shark has a $100 offer on the table means he is getting close to being too expensive for what he is. Then they will get their CF in either Fowler or Span. If they do trade Soler, they will be in the market for another OF, and I think Alex Gordon would be the top name on the list.

AJ Preller back at it - says he is looking to trade James Shields and his 3/$65 remaining and is not looking to eat any of the money and is looking to get a young SS plus more back.

Good luck.

Former Deac Ross Atkins named the general manager/VP of baseball ops for Blue Jays.

Cubs sign John Lackey for 2/$32 - good enough.

I'm guessing this takes us out of the running for trading for a controllable starter, but part of me wants to stick it to the Cards and sign JHey and trade for Shelby Miller just cause.

I'm seeing $206 million over 6 years ($34.3M AAV).

guys

barry-bonds-flag.jpg

Dodgers trade for Aroldis - man, if they somehow get Jose Fernandez, that will be a tough team to beat.

Would you trade Seager and Urias for Fernandez, if you were the dodgers? I think I would.

Also, Cubs and Rays talking about a swap with the Cubs package centering around Javy Baez, and the Rays sending back on of their pen gusy (boxberger or mcgee) and a MLB starter - likely either Moore, Smyly or Ramirez - but Odorizzi was mentioned too, would imagine the cubs would have to throw in a little more value in there to lure him

Back