• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

zips projects a .774 ops as a ray, fyi.

CZ1q-8aWEAADdoy.jpg:large

the rays position depth is redic right now. really expecting to trade an of. i wonder if maddon want guyer or jennings more.

There was some chatter about Jennings in the deals with the Cubs early on, but haven't heard much in awhile, mainly Mcgee, Odorizzi and Boxberger. More likely would guess the Cubs bring back Fowler or Austin Jackson on a 1 year deal rather than trade if they want to go that route since the really have no CF depth at all, save for Baez who has played CF for all of 10 games and Bryant who played two games there last year - thats asking a lot out of Schwarber with either of those two dudes playing CF.

Also, really like the deal for the rays, I like Dickerson, good contact hitter with gap power and just enough speed - and his defense won't kill you.

Any places around Phoenix we need to hit while we're out there? Going to 4 games in 3 days, all at different parks. Pretty excited.

There was some chatter about Jennings in the deals with the Cubs early on, but haven't heard much in awhile, mainly Mcgee, Odorizzi and Boxberger. More likely would guess the Cubs bring back Fowler or Austin Jackson on a 1 year deal rather than trade if they want to go that route since the really have no CF depth at all, save for Baez who has played CF for all of 10 games and Bryant who played two games there last year - thats asking a lot out of Schwarber with either of those two dudes playing CF.

jennings is due 3.3 mill this year and is arb 3 next year. it's 2 years at 7-10 mill depending on performance. if he plays well, i could see him being a QO guy. his career wrc+ is 106 to fowler's 107 and jackson's 102. it's do him well to get off the turf in the trop. he's a decent get, and if maddon likes him i could see it. seems like a good fit for one of your less heralded prospects. i still wonder if cobb/jennings makes sense.

also the pearce signing is official. 4.75 mill. i love that.

jennings is due 3.3 mill this year and is arb 3 next year. it's 2 years at 7-10 mill depending on performance. if he plays well, i could see him being a QO guy. his career wrc+ is 106 to fowler's 107 and jackson's 102. it's do him well to get off the turf in the trop. he's a decent get, and if maddon likes him i could see it. seems like a good fit for one of your less heralded prospects. i still wonder if cobb/jennings makes sense.

Jennings for Vogelbach - done deal.

But really, its possible on of our blocked prospects gets moved - Candelario maybe. But, Jennings would have to be a 4th OF type, so that still might be too much. Would love to have him, though.

ewww all the idiots on draysbay want to do that. not interested in vogelfat. i'd rather have an arm in the back half of the top 15.

ewww all the idiots on draysbay want to do that. not interested in vogelfat. i'd rather have an arm in the back half of the top 15.

Hes lost a bunch of weight, now just Vogelpleasantlyplump. Lots of "Best shape of life" junk being thrown around about him - latest reviews I've read is that his bat is ready and he has made a bunch of changes to work on going the other way which has diminished his power stroke, but helped him cut down his Ks and increase his OBP. They did the same thing with Baez too. Not sure if its for the best or not. Said that he is going to likely start in AAA and may be a September callup or could be called up to replace Rizzo if he misses any amount of time.

I had that open to post it, and hadn't gotten around to it yet. Get out of my head. Remember where the 'Stros were last year? Quite the shift.

win-now-compass.0.jpg

Edit: pretty unfortunate movement for the Padres.

Yep. The Astros overshot virtually all of the preseason projections last year. It's funny how hitting on a handful of prospects and fielding at least average players at every position can change the face of an organization.

Also I didn't realize that this year's chart shows the Astros as having an even more "open" window than last year.

A big caveat though is that the charts don't show the ability to spend. All of the national writers like to say that Houston's just waiting to open their big-market checkbook, but I seriously doubt the Astros have the ability to spend like a big money team. They simply don't have the TV deal for it.

The 5 best and worst hats from 2016 spring training

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-28%20at%209.48.13%20AM.png

"Okay, so we play in Florida. And you know what they grow in Florida, right?"

"I'm listening."

"And we're the Tigers, named after an orange animal, right?"

"Go on."

"And I've been up for six days on mescaline, so I wanted a hat that I could see as I ditched my corporeal form and gently floated across the ionosphere."

"Right, right ..."

rays in pretty much exactly the same place. i like this year's team a lot more, and i feel like our window looks better.

Red Sox in the same place that worked out well last year.

Arrieta sets the record for highest Arb award at $10.7 million - and still one year left. I'm guessing they pick him up next year again at $14/$15 and then let him walk, he'll be 32 entering 2018.

Back