• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

1 Zack Greinke
2 David Price
3 Jason Heyward
4 Alex Gordon
5 Jordan Zimmermann
6 Jonny Cueto
7 Justin Upton
8 Yoenis Cespedes
9 Kenta Maeda
10 Chris Davis
11 Ben Zobrist
12 John Lackey
13 Hisashi Iwakuma
14 Scott Kazmir
15 Howie Kendrick
16 Ian Desmond
17 Daniel Murphy
18 Yovani Gallardo
19 Matt Wieters
20 Colby Rasmus
21 Wie-Yin Chen
22 Mike Leake
23 Marco Estrada
24 Jeff Samardzija
25 Doug Fister
26 Darren O'Day
27 Asdrubal Cabrera
28 Mike Napoli
29 Dexter Fowler
30 Gerardo Parra
31 Denard Span
32 JA Happ
33 Chris Young
34 Ryan Madson
35 Brett Anderson
36 Ian Kennedy
37 Mat Latos
38 David Freese
39 JP Howell
40 Juan Uribe

no clue where price and greinke might land -- maybe greinke to SF?

ideally the mutts would go in on heyward, but more likely i think they end up with rasmus, fowler, span or parra.

As much as I would like to see the Mets go after Heyward, he would probably be limited to center field and I know that some have questioned his ability to play center. He's phenomenal in right, but with Grandy already there I don't know if signing him would work out great in the long run since he or Granderson would have to move to center.

I like the idea of Fowler if the money is right, but I'm pretty high on Rasmus.

I mean they basically just won the World Series with a corner OF of Jarrod Dyson and Paulo Orlando I'm guessing whatever shit they throw at the wall next year should stick about the same.

Kind of ignores that we lose Gordon too and aren't likely to get a repeat of .307/.361/.477 from Cain.

We could just go Dyson/Gore/Cain and Orlando as 4 OFer and have the fastest OF in the history of baseball. But that would suck in real life.

Is Samardzija a candidate to take a 1 year deal? That'd be an intriguing gamble for some teams. Probably not KC given history.

they gotta go with a dyson/orlando platoon, right? i couldn't believe they kept running our rios over dyson anyway.

I have no evidence to back this up, but I'd bet that the Mariners go all in on one of the big SPs AND an OF bat. They don't have many Felix-prime years left.

they gotta go with a dyson/orlando platoon, right? i couldn't believe they kept running our rios over dyson anyway.

Orlando hit .265/.287/.418 against LHP. Not really an ideal platoon player. He is a basically a career minor leaguer/org player who had a bit of success. You don't want that as the right side of a platoon.

no chance shark accepts a QO - and extremely unlikely to get him on a one year deal unless he somehow is unsigned near the start of the season, which is a very slim chance.

Qo list:
Colby Rasmus
Marco Estrada
JHey
Lackey
Fowler
Greinke
Howie Kendrick
Brett Anderson
Kuma
Daniel Murphy
Weiters
Crush
Wei-yin chen
Alex Gordon
Shark

no chance shark accepts a QO - and extremely unlikely to get him on a one year deal unless he somehow is unsigned near the start of the season, which is a very slim chance.

IIRC, no player has accepted a QO since 2013. The benefit is that it results in draft picks for the team that made the QO.

The Nats QO'd Desmond and Jordan Zimmerman; no QO for Denard Span or Doug Fister.

Park to the Twinssss. They're a little crowded on the corners now.

I completely missed Karns getting traded - that seemed like a light trade, maybe I am underestimating Brad Miller, though.

Decent discussion on MLBN this morning, even if it did involve Reynolds, RE: Greinke/Price: Price gets a longer deal, Greinke higher AAV. Not exactly a scorching #hottake, but it would be bizarre if Greinke ends up with higher AAV than Kershaw.

woah. just found out about the karns deal because of your post. the rays have supposedly been targeting lomo and miller forever, so i like it in that regard. think karns' perceived value was higher than his actual value. 28 yo coming off a pretty nice rookie year. maybe he's a late bloomer that continues to build on that or maybe he's a 2 pitch pitcher with command issues that will always keep him closer to average than above. i'm a big brad miller fan too and wished we'd been able to net him in the price deal instead of franklin.

Lots of cubs people are using this as a baseline as to what we will need to give up to get Carrasco or Salazar - giving us hope that Soler can be the centerpiece in getting one of them.

woah. just found out about the karns deal because of your post. the rays have supposedly been targeting lomo and miller forever, so i like it in that regard. think karns' perceived value was higher than his actual value. 28 yo coming off a pretty nice rookie year. maybe he's a late bloomer that continues to build on that or maybe he's a 2 pitch pitcher with command issues that will always keep him closer to average than above. i'm a big brad miller fan too and wished we'd been able to net him in the price deal instead of franklin.

When you look at the depth the Rays have in pitching it's a very good deal. The Rays are likely going to have to "overpay" some time in orfder to offload some of the depth. Losing Karns when you have a rotation of Archer, odorizzi, Smyly, Moore, Cobb (when healthy) and then have guys like Erasmo, Blake Snell, Matt Andriese etc waiting in the wings... Miller is an upgrade to beckham or franklin at SS and LoMo has more pop than Jaso for a DH...

I'd like to see the Rays work out something with the Cubs... Rays with Pitching Logjam and Cubs with OF logjam...

When you look at the depth the Rays have in pitching it's a very good deal. The Rays are likely going to have to "overpay" some time in orfder to offload some of the depth. Losing Karns when you have a rotation of Archer, odorizzi, Smyly, Moore, Cobb (when healthy) and then have guys like Erasmo, Blake Snell, Matt Andriese etc waiting in the wings... Miller is an upgrade to beckham or franklin at SS and LoMo has more pop than Jaso for a DH...

I'd like to see the Rays work out something with the Cubs... Rays with Pitching Logjam and Cubs with OF logjam...

We have more of an infield logjam - but the Cubs are dangling Soler all over the place, I think they are worried he is too inconsistent. Any non-pitcher not named Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber or Russell could be moved, including our whole farm system. Theo said 2016 was our year from the get go, so we'll see. I have my doubts they have the $$ to get Price, but you never know, that playoff run may open up the pocketbook.

We have more of an infield logjam - but the Cubs are dangling Soler all over the place, I think they are worried he is too inconsistent. Any non-pitcher not named Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber or Russell could be moved, including our whole farm system. Theo said 2016 was our year from the get go, so we'll see. I have my doubts they have the $$ to get Price, but you never know, that playoff run may open up the pocketbook.

how would they not have the $$$ ? they have pretty unlimited budget. Rays could use someone at any position offensively in aall honesty. I was looking at guys like Happ, Almorea and Mckinney...and i still have Schwarber as an OF in my head...

Back