• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Maybe I am missing something, but not sure why all the Braves fans are up in arms about trading away Rey Ordonez Jr. Great glove, black hole at the plate - he is only a good fit on a team with 6-7 other good bats, and he was going to expensive soon.

We got back a top 20 prospect, too. Granted, newcomb is just that - a prospect. But he has potential ace stuff. Our farm is loaded with arms which we'll flip into bats.

I think if I were a Braves fan, I'd be most bummed about not getting to watch Simmons in the next year or two. Even if the losses pile up, each game is a chance to see Simmons do something seemingly impossible. Not upset he's no longer in the NL East, though.

The Angels got better with the Andrelton Simmons trade, the Braves got weirder

What in the heck were the Braves thinking?

Well, it's like this.

/pours glass of scotch

See, when you love a shortstop very, very much ... sometimes you love him too much, and ...

/refills glass of scotch

Sometimes when you love a shortstop too much, you set him free, you know?

/eats glass

Looking forward to seeing Park do this in Minnesota next year

byung.gif

Fyi - in preparing for possible #MLB relocation, Park Byung-ho has given up bat flips. He doesnt flip anymore. #Twins

— Daniel Kim 대니얼 김 (@DanielKimW) November 9, 2015

:(

Are You Flipping Kidding Me?

country-club.jpg

Kimbrel to the sawx. Guessing JBJ is in the deal as they need a CF.

Nevs mind Logan Allen and Margot Manuel

Wasn't Margot supposedly untouchable in any Hamels deal? Seems like a good get get for a guy who pitches 65 innings a year, even one as good as Kimbrel

Not sure about that but the old administration was way more attached to the prospects. But a 4 for 1 is defs a bit steep

Padres saying Guerra will be in the competition for the major league ss job in the spring, just finished his age 19 season at low a

Is Red Sox management confident they are close to contending? Seems like they need a 1 and 2 starter. They gonna be in on Price/Cueto/Zimmerman/Grienke?

Dombrowski says sox not giving up more prospects. Going FA route for a starter

Think they are going to go hard at Greinke, lots of connections in the front office with bannister and Baird.

I wonder if having Anderson and Wieters accept the QO will make teams think twice about using it moving forward. The dodgers, I guess, dont really care, because its just money - but this will likely hurt the O's chances of getting their top FAs.

Also, in the no one cares but me post, the Cubs are actively shopping Soler and Baez - and so far not getting the response they are looking for, Indians saying they aren't moving Carrasco or Salazar (or Kluber, not that it was really an option). Cubs also weighing options on Price and Zimmerman, and are seeing what Shark or Kazmir will cost.

Phillies' new GM looks like he's going with reclamation pitching projects to bridge the gap until they're competitive again. Traded for Hellickson for a prospect.

Seems like a good strategy. If they are better next year, trade bait. If not, :shrug:

Your team should pay for a pitcher now because next year's free agents stink

You don't know which teams will need pitchers in 2016

The Nationals are in the market for starting pitchers right now. But they had all the starting pitchers! The Cardinals are in the market for starting pitchers right now. They also had all the starting pitchers! The Tigers were loaded with pitchers until they weren't.

So even though we can guess at the teams that might be in the market, we could look up next year and realize the Yankees, Dodgers, and Red Sox are all a starter or two short, which would probably ruin it for everyone else. If that happens, Strasburg will get a billion dollars, and Cashner might get a half-billion. Be warned.

All of the above makes it completely stunning that Ian Kennedy rejected the Padres' qualifying offer. He had a chance to make All-Star money for a year and showcase himself in one of the best pitcher's parks in baseball. He could have jockeyed with the names up there instead of Zack Greinke, David Price, and Johnny Cueto this year. But Boras is apt to Boras, as the kids say.

Ian Kennedy turned down a qualifying offer? Sheesh.

Back