• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

If the Dodgers are supposedly trying to shrink their payroll, which big money guy(s) can they realistically get rid of? Crawford? Ethier? Anyone else?

Link

I get that they want Papelbon off the team (and I don't blame them), but that seems like selling low on both guys, then buying high on Chapman.

Hm, just realized that Storen is due a raise on a $5.7MM salary.

Rizzo doesn't trust Storen and I think the way he melted down after the papelbon trade sealed his fate.

Wow, even at unlikely, this would be crazy if it happened

The Dodgers have at least discussed the possibility of signing both Greinke and Price internally, according to Rosenthal, but they’re unlikely to go that route. Even the Dodgers and their seemingly limitless budget aren’t keen on the notion of paying three starters in the vicinity of $30MM annually, and they already have one such pitcher in Clayton Kershaw.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/cardinals-afford-price-heyward-davis.html

Looks like the tigs getting zimmerman at 5/$110 - seems like really good deal.

Agree that it was a good deal. That said, his velocity was down in 2015, and he has thrown a lot of innings over the last 4 years.

Reports saying Cueto turned down a 6/$120 from the DBacks.

Also every article I read says the Sawx are going to throw the bank at Price and will not be outbid, guess that makes sense, they are going for broke the next couple of years.

Agree that it was a good deal. That said, his velocity was down in 2015, and he has thrown a lot of innings over the last 4 years.

Seems like a high AAV for him, but I guess that's about market rate considering what Happ got from Toronto.

Marlins trying to bring in barry bonds as their hitting coach, the absurd thing is there are a bunch of people that don't want him back in baseball.

Reports out that the Braves really want Jorge Soler - Cubs looking at Teheran or Miller.

What's the consensus with him?

Super high ceiling, but low floor too - big bat, hits for lots of power, K's a bunch, has a cannon for an arm, but still not a great defender, takes bad routes, will only be a corner OF - good contract (5/$22). If he lives up to potential, he is Gary Sheffield, but needs to start being more selective at the pro level, his BB% is half of what it was in the minors.

is it weird that im sad KC is losing our beat writer to the LA Times?

Super high ceiling, but low floor too - big bat, hits for lots of power, K's a bunch, has a cannon for an arm, but still not a great defender, takes bad routes, will only be a corner OF - good contract (5/$22). If he lives up to potential, he is Gary Sheffield, but needs to start being more selective at the pro level, his BB% is half of what it was in the minors.

Soler can't hit the curveball but leave one out over the plate and it goes 400 feet.

7/$217 for Price with the Red Sox. Wowza - word is the Cubs were not in the bidding, someone must have, $31 AAV is pretty awesome.

hopefully it goes this well

crawford_swing.jpg

7/$217 for Price with the Red Sox. Wowza - word is the Cubs were not in the bidding, someone must have, $31 AAV is pretty awesome.

Price will still choke in the playoffs, even for $217 mill. And that is if the Red Sox make it. The Nats tried to buy the playoffs with pitching last year & it didn't work out so well.

I'm just glad the Cards got a good backup for Molina at catcher as he is getting older. Last year he played too many games. Pena had a good year for the Reds & batted .273 with a fielding % of .999 on 715 chances.

Dombrowski re-united with Price. Price is 30; they are committed to pay him a boatload until he turns 37. Scary. A lot of cash when a pitcher can breakdown and lose "it" at any time. He need to pitch for the Yankees and O's before his career ends to complete the AL East. Will the Dodgers offer a similar deal to Greinke? He is two years older, but seems like less of an injury risk.

Back