• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seth Rollins out 6-9 Months with Torn ACL

You don't think that crowd will turn if Bryan gets in there and gets eliminated like last year? Especially if Reigns is still in the match at that point?

One thing that may limit the surprise entrants is that the Royal Rumble is for the championship vs the normal Wrestlemania spot, thus WWE might not like the idea of giving "outsiders" a title shot. I'd guess that maybe 1 or 2 surprise guys come in but the majority are full time WWE people (or NXT guys that could move up soon).

On Daniel Bryan, I think if he does come back tonight, he'll likely win the match as the crowd will turn on WWE even though he is just making his return from a long injury absence. Part of it will be the last two years where the WWE has gone against DB, so fans will identify it as 3 years in a row even if they wisely did not have him win. For as much as WWE needs more fan favorites right now, they probably should hold him out (if he is even cleared by WWE).

Really excited for the KO-Styles feud that I was hoping for. Think they screwed up the Wyatts there (big surprise), and all the Reigns stuff was stupid, but at least he wasn't the winner or runner-up. The Reigns stuff was particularly bad because a) during the outside beating by the LoN, they completely neglected to show what was happening in the ring, including Kofi getting eliminated; and b) why keep your #1 guy out of the match for 25 minutes and then have him come back as if nothing had happened? I think they really need to go back to the drawing board with Reigns, because what they've got isn't working at all.

I thought what they did with Reigns was fine. It wouldn't have been believable for him to be in the ring the entire time. They needed to buy him some down time, and they provided him with an opportunity to grab a breather then miraculously come back. I was getting a little excited thinking they might let Bray win.

Basically they just set up the Rumble
HHH-Reigns, maybe Ambrose involved
Brock- Rock?
Owens-Zayn-AJ Styles

I wish they'd give someone in the New Day a singles push, maybe Big E for the title or Kofi for intercontinental.

I thought it was booked pretty well. Ambrose/Owens feud over... well done. Divas match was slightly above average but getting Sasha out there was excellent work. Don't care about Kalisto at all...but he's fun for youngsters. Good move there. Tag team division needs help.... New Day is great but they need a legitimate threat.

I thought they played the rumble really well. Bring AJ Styles in early and give him some time to "introduce" himself to the fans. Set up some nice potential storylines... Zayn/Owens. Styles/Jericho ? Styles/Owens... who knows. They could go anywhere with it. I was legitimately surprised when Reigns went out before Ambrose... i just expected the lazy story telling of Reigns and HHH being the last 2... Not sure what the play is with Brock and Bray, but Bray Wyatt and Paul heyman back and forth on the mic will be pure gold.

Lot of options coming out of that PPV. They just need to handle those options wisely...
Once again i thought the card was weak going in, but i was pleasantly surprised...

I pretty much liked the whole show...except for the part where HHH is the champion. I'm so tired of this shit where he keeps coming back and then burying guys. I honestly like HHH as the authority figure because he can threaten people and it can be believed that he can back it up, what I don't like is that he abuses his power in the company to give himself the chance at having the big matches year after year. He better lose that title before Wrestlemania because I don't know if I'm going to be invested in the show at all if he is the champion going into it.

i don't have as much of a problem with it...especially considering how depleted the roster is right now. They just are so stuck with who is available...

i don't have as much of a problem with it...especially considering how depleted the roster is right now. They just are so stuck with who is available...

Could have easily been put on Bray, Ambrose, Lesnar, KO, Del Rio, or Styles. Putting the title back on HHH is just seems lazy to me. They have just been running through the same storyline over and over again with HHH for the last 5 or so years...New babyface comes in, wins the title/becomes popular , doesn't play well with HHH and Steph, Old ass HHH comes out in the most perfect of situations to bury new babyface into oblivion.

Last edited:
Could have easily been put on Bray, Ambrose, Lesnar, KO, Del Rio, or Styles. Putting the title back on HHH is just seems lazy to me. They have just been running through the same storyline over and over again with HHH for the last 5 or so years...New babyface comes in, wins the title/becomes popular , doesn't play well with HHH and Steph, Old ass HHH comes out in the most perfect of situations to bury new babyface into oblivion.

Being married to a McMahon has it's advantages.

Needed to put it on HHH so that Rock can show up and help RR regain the title at the next PPV thereby setting up the Rock/HHH Wrestlemania event.

Well yes they could've but they needed to have set that up a little bit ago. Once they had Reigns go off on HHH they had no choice but to go this route. And no...they could not have put the title on Styles. 70% of the fanbase has no idea who AJ Styles is...the internet wrestling community wildly over inflates how widespread they are as part of overall WWE fandom.

Well yes they could've but they needed to have set that up a little bit ago. Once they had Reigns go off on HHH they had no choice but to go this route. And no...they could not have put the title on Styles. 70% of the fanbase has no idea who AJ Styles is...the internet wrestling community wildly over inflates how widespread they are as part of overall WWE fandom.

They had plenty of choices...Triple H could have just interfered in the match to make sure that a LoN member won the title and that would have been a huge boost to one of those guys...you know...the ones that are actually on the roster. Which could have turned into a non title feud between Reigns and Triple H. This still has Triple H wrestling on a big storyline but it gives an opportunity to one of the LoN members to be champion and gives Reigns a story that probably would have turned into a Wrestlemania match.

Triple H could have just interfered early on in the match and eliminated Reigns without putting over a LoN guy and then just guarantee a storyline that goes to Wrestlemania while leaving the outcome of the Rumble alone. Which would have given an opportunity for one of the guys that I mentioned (Bray and Lesnar definitely had enough of a set up to win in this manner). In particular it would have been huge for Bray to finally reach that point...considering he is talented as a guy on the mic and has a good stable behind him kind of similar to Punk with the Straight Edge Society.

Or the third option of just not having Triple H interfere at all or be involved in the match. Reigns could have used some sort of Champions clause and challenged for the title on the following RAW and Triple H could have come out then to interfere in the match.

But instead of any of these they went with the idea of Triple H burying someone and winning the title...it makes the roster seem pointless because their boss is capable of becoming champion whenever he wants because he is supposedly that good. It cheapens the title to have Triple H as champion.

Last edited:
And this is why the WWE can't have nice things. So, they went from "screwing" Reigns out of his title to giving him a shot at the #1 contender spot within 24 hours, not even mentioning the rematch clause. At this rate, Reigns is going to catch up with Flair in 18 months.

Outside of a few storylines right now, NXT is equal to or better than WWE. I read something on a wrestling website that matched up about 90% of current storylines to past storylines almost perfectly; he's recycling storylines because what worked in the past has to work now right?

Somehow Vince managed to screw up with Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and Sasha Banks. Almost every match they had in NXT was great, almost every match in WWE is the same boring crap that Vince and his writers have pushed for 20 years. Same thing for numerous NXT guys who have come up with great excitement only to be given crappy feuds with bad storylines and then pushed aside to allow more time for Cena, Reigns, and returning past stars making a brief return. Also, they keep giving air time to Big Show, Mark Henry, and Kane. That's ridiculous as there's much better talent on the roster not being used.

I'll likely keep DVRing it and skipping half of the show but it is definitely beyond time for Vince to evolve his booking or step out of the way.

Back