• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seth Rollins out 6-9 Months with Torn ACL

full

NXT is absolutely better that the main WWE stuff right now, and has been for at least a year. Everyone points to Triple H for that, but I also think it is much easier to manage one hour a week and a two hour special every couple of months. I will say that Charlotte and Becky have been treated well the past couple months, and they are finally working Sasha in correctly. That storyline is probably the strongest one on the main program. Owens is the only guy that really had a decent run after being called up (not counting The Shield), but even he got stuck in the same old 50/50 mess that they give almost everyone else. There is a ton of very good talent on the roster... they just need to use it.

ETA: New... Day Rocks!

Not sure if anyone follows Big E on Twitter, but he and KO are absolutely terrific reads.

Last edited:
Outside of a few storylines right now, NXT is equal to or better than WWE. I read something on a wrestling website that matched up about 90% of current storylines to past storylines almost perfectly; he's recycling storylines because what worked in the past has to work now right?

Somehow Vince managed to screw up with Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and Sasha Banks. Almost every match they had in NXT was great, almost every match in WWE is the same boring crap that Vince and his writers have pushed for 20 years. Same thing for numerous NXT guys who have come up with great excitement only to be given crappy feuds with bad storylines and then pushed aside to allow more time for Cena, Reigns, and returning past stars making a brief return. Also, they keep giving air time to Big Show, Mark Henry, and Kane. That's ridiculous as there's much better talent on the roster not being used.

I'll likely keep DVRing it and skipping half of the show but it is definitely beyond time for Vince to evolve his booking or step out of the way.

I rewatched some of those CM Punk promos he would cut basically about this. It's painful to think how great he was on the mic and how bad most of the people they have now are on the mic.

I rewatched some of those CM Punk promos he would cut basically about this. It's painful to think how great he was on the mic and how bad most of the people they have now are on the mic.

I think that is mostly because they are not given licence to do anything. Most of the promos are fully scripted ahead of time, so the talent can't really get over on its own. The New Day is one of the few exceptions, and they have talked about that before. They weren't getting over, so they pleaded for a chance to do their own thing. Vince finally said ok, and that is when the New Day became who they are now. I think the Social Outcasts may have a bit more leeway at this point too, but that is just my conjecture. I really think that if more people were given the chance to do their own promo work, it would be much more entertaining. Rusev is great, but is constantly shackled (plus they are still punishing him and Lana for the leak). Stardust 100% sells that character, but never gets the chance to do anything with it. KO is still fantastic, but they don't give him the mic enough. The exclusive Youtube and Facebook backstage clips are often really entertaining because they aren't as controlled as the televised parts. The superstars get to really play up what they think their characters should be instead of what Vince wants on TV.

Bret Hart has prostate cancer. He just posted this on Facebook
It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling. Aside from a devastating career-ending concussion and numerous surgeries when I was younger, in recent years I've had two knee replacements, two hernia operations, surgery on my right elbow, and, just a few months ago, I underwent a four-corner fusion of my right wrist that even now makes it most difficult to write or type.

Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all.

My fans have always looked upon me as a hero and I've always done my best to live up to that in and out of the ring. I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I draw upon the many adults and young children I've met throughout my life who courageously fought and usually lost in their battles against this deadly disease. One year ago, I watched a brave young man named Whesley fight brain cancer to the end. If I can find even an ounce of his courage to stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear.

I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.

Most important of all, I hope I can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten. B x

They should have built the entire show around the return of Shane O Mac (which was amazing). Instead you get one segment at the beginning and that's it.

Shane O Mac's finisher with the trash can was always one of my favorites. He might not be great as a wrestler but he sure as hell is a great entertainer.

Also...should we just change the title of the thread to being the Official WWE Thread or something like that.

I'm guessing Shane will not beat Taker to get control of RAW. Would be cool if he did, tho. Where's what's his face on here who's Shane's lawyer, to give us the deetz to his return.

I had a smile on my face for a good five minutes straight when his music hit. I doubt they will be able to do anything meaningful or exciting with him, but I was really excited to see Shane anyway. I've got a huge amount of respect for him.

Cheap Heat podcast made some good points tho, that Shane was very explicit in his demands. And that if he was just coming back for a match they wouldn't have provided all that explanation. Which led them to believe that while he probably won't beat Taker clean, there is a good chance that there is a brand split and he gains "control" of one of the brands.

Cheap Heat podcast made some good points tho, that Shane was very explicit in his demands. And that if he was just coming back for a match they wouldn't have provided all that explanation. Which led them to believe that while he probably won't beat Taker clean, there is a good chance that there is a brand split and he gains "control" of one of the brands.

I really hope they do a brand split again...Smackdown has always been the lesser of the two but when they used to have it as two competing shows it always worked much better. I remember the "draft" on RAW the day after Wrestlemania was always fun to watch.

They certainly have enough talent, even with the injuries, to pull it off. Plus Mauro Ranallo is by far the best person on commentary in the company, so anything to get him more publicity is a good idea.

I read something that said he's just doing a run with the company through Wrestle Mania and not beyond, so who knows?

The current roster is so thin, not sure how smart a brand split is. But I'd like it. And I like this new announcer they've got on Smackdown. I hope Enzo and Big Cass debut on the first RAW after Wrestlemania. Think those guys are awesome.

They certainly have enough talent, even with the injuries, to pull it off. Plus Mauro Ranallo is by far the best person on commentary in the company, so anything to get him more publicity is a good idea.

I think in terms of wrestling ability they have a ton of talent on the roster. But in terms of charisma and the ability to cut a good promo, the roster is weak. A lot of that has to do with creative and the awful scripted promos they're giving guys. I cringe when Roman delivers some of those corny lines. I'm embarrassed for him having to deliver that crap. I agree about Ranallo, he's great.

Back